Who else has REAL snow right now?

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

It's so beautiful here, BIG flakes. Anyone else out there got 'em too?

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Me! :)
It's sticking too and the ground is mostly white!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Same here, keep running out to get pictures! will post some if they turn out.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Back yard

Thumbnail by Hineni
Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Along the fence

Thumbnail by Hineni
Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

You know, people where it REALLY snows are going to laugh at us getting all excited over this little bit of snow. But it's my first snowfall, ever. So I'm kind of excited...lol :)

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

No one is going to laugh at you.

I am loving this. Reminds us of home. My baby girl was just so happy to be out in it. She was prancing around like a young puppy!

She is a big girl and while she is very good at getting up a head of steam, she really hasn't mastered the art of stopping. LOL.

Dogs get homesick too!

Thumbnail by BronxBoy

SO!!!

Think we'll have off tomorrow????

LOL

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Its so beautiful, but slippery. We were out taking our granddaughter home and it started sticking on the roads. Slid to a stop 1 street shy of our subdivision. Took it real easy from there. I'm hoping it doesn't melt, but all the weather guys seem to think it will rain and wash it all away. boo hoo.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

None here, but a little sleet early afternoon. My son lives in Alpharetta and he called and said it was the largest flakes he had ever seen. He went to college in Virginia so he has seen some snow.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

We got about 3 minutes of light sleet around 10:00am followed by a steady slow rain. It hasn't stopped raining and here it is 1:00 am. I'm not complaining about the rain. We sure need it. I wouldn't mind seeing a little of the snow y'all are getting.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

I never get off for weather, because I work from home...hahaha! I made a baby snowman, my first, and went inside to do something for a few minutes. Apparently the temperature raised, because I came out and it had fallen over and his head was off. He's still in pieces though this morning on the deck, refusing to go peacefully! (yes, I'm crazy)

BB, that's a lovely dog you have there :) She does look like she was pining for something.

GA Red: I never knew flakes got that big. Even DH, who hails from Chicago, was surprised at the size of them.

I took a picture of them they were so big. There are several on my scarf in this picture. The largest one, near the middle, was nearly two inches long.

It didn't last long, but it sure was fun :)

Happy Thursday ya'll!

Thumbnail by Hineni
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Snowed in Atlanta last night too! Our daughter was soooooo into the weather channel "just checking" she said! ha ha ha. Mostly gone this morning though. It's cold and gloomy (overvast here) reminds me of Holland! Brrrrrrr
Here's a pic of corner of my frontpath, taken last night. Have fun every body!

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

How cute!

Oh oh oh ... wouldn't have minded just a wee little bit. It's raining and nasty here both yesterday and today. Y'all stay safe * and * warm!! :-)
~Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Coby, where are the glasses on the snowman. Cute.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Your snow man was cuter than mine Tulip :) We had nothing around for eyes and nose and stuff, but it was still kid-like fun.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank everybody, hey Hineni, maybe mine is cuter but he's as flat as a nickel... and has been standing there since early Nov. !!!!! ha ha ha. He's going to the attick this week.
I bet you had more fun making your snowman.

It's snowing here again, this time it looks like we're getting more.
Isn't it funny how people run to the store to get milk and bread, for fear that we'll get snowed in? LOL My relatives in Colorado laugh at us. My cousin in NW Co had 5 feet to dig through to get to the mailbox! Imagine that!
I love your snowman, Tuliplady! Mine is still on the front porch. I'm headed out to play in the snow now!

:)Susan

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

:{ ,No snow here. How about some more photos of all that white stuff?
Love the Snowman, He is so cute....

From the front porch about an hour ago.

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

So Pretty! I was crossing my fingers and toes after the weather channel announced that
Callaway Gardens was getting some and they are just under an hour away, Now suddenly it has quit drizzling and the sun has popped out...(just my luck)

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

It snowed since about 10:30 a.m. here, much smaller flakes than the snowfall earlier in the week. Still very pretty, and it drove the birds to the feeders en masse :) Pretty much done now.

Snow on my rosemary plants by the front porch around noon.

Thumbnail by Hineni
Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

View down the street during the heaviest snow fall today.

Thumbnail by Hineni

Hineni, the flakes were bigger here today than earlier in the week. My son & I went back out around 4 and it started back again. We came in around 5:30. We built 3 snowmen and he wonders why I am pooped! lol I have more pics to upload.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Yep we got snow too! This one was taken on Thursday evening!

This message was edited Jan 20, 2008 10:53 AM

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Then just before dark! And it stayed all night because of the temp! Just rain yesterday.
Today sunny and C-c-c-c-cold! But pretty! January finally arrived!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

It's just cold, wet and brown around here. :*(

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Still cold and wet here too!

a little of the white stuff

Thumbnail by Raggedyann

These guys are still standing and pretty solid. There is still a lot of snow in yards on my street. I want more snow, it brings out the kid in me but on the other hand, I'm ready to get outside and dig, plant, weed, get a tan! LOL

Susan ;)

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Awwwww! The rain washed all of ours away! Oh well water is water and Im just happy we got some!
Love those little guys! We didnt get enough to build any! Just enough to make everything pretty and white for a couple of gorgeous days!

Those are some disturbing looking snow people, Susan LOL

BB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.