CLOSED: 5 pots for plants

Independence, LA(Zone 8b)

I have 5 of these pots that came with Amaryllis bulbs (bought at Target). They do not have holes in the bottom of them. I will not be using these pots so I would like to trade them for plants on my wishlist.

Thumbnail by pieohmy
Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

I'd be interested in them but I only have one of the seeds on your list.. (As a relative new and not too sucessful gardener, I don't many plants..) Please check out my tradelist and see if anything else peaks your interest.. I also have plumeria seeds too and those are easy to grow from seeds..

I already have a ton of seeds to sow this year so not really looking for seeds... but plumeria seeds are tempting. I'll have to do some research. What kind of plumeria is it?

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

I have seed from the pink flamingo.. So the flower is suppose to be pink.. I got a bunch from Lopeka this past summer.. I planted 5 and all sprouted.. I traded off 4 already and kept one for myself.. The plumie seeds basically just needs warm soil that's watered on a regular basis..

A small word of advice: seeds of the plumeria do NOT grow true to the parent plant. So you could get any color.

Since I don't have any plumeria I don't care about color right now LOL I just want one! How long until I will see flowers on it though? I'm not a patient gardener.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Doesn't that depend on the pollenating parent?? In the pictures from Lopeka's site, it looked like he only had other pink ones in the area..

I would check the sticky on the plumeria forum for any information you are looking for. And yes, it does depend on the pollinating parent.

Yikes, I read that it will take up to three years to see a bloom. lcosden you have way more patience than I ever will. Sorry, I will have to pass.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

That's fine.. I just like the idea of growing stuff from seed.. It's like a challenge.. :)

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

pieohmy, what are these made of if you still have them? and about how tall are they?

They look like ceramic to me and are about 7 inches high.

Pangburn, AR(Zone 7b)

pieohmy,
Do you have any of those beautiful red pots? I have bunches of seeds, bulbs, and plants to trade. (I also make the best fudge ever)
Hardy 4 o'clock seeds(dark pink)
Lily seeds(orange-up to 5' tall)
Hollyhock seeds(pinks and whites)
Forsythia(well rooted plants)
Spider Lily bulbs(red)
Cannas(yellow)
Climbing Rose(red)
Rose of Sharon(white with dk pink center)
Peonies(white with lt pink)
Just let me know.
Cathy

I'll have to check on them and make sure they are still intact. They have been sitting on the bottom shelf of my potting bench all summer.

Pangburn, AR(Zone 7b)

Do you still have any of the red pots left? I think they are beautiful. To tempt you, I have 2 mini roses. One is yellow and the other is deep dark red. They bloom from mid spring to fall and come back every year. I am getting rid of almost all my roses.(I do not like plants that bite, scratch, or in any other way make me bleed when I am weeding them.) I also have lots of other plants on my trading list.
I also make Fudge. Great Fudge.

Thumbnail by catspower

Sending you a d-mail right now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.