Eastern Bluebird, male

Stafford County, VA

Hi LeBug

Here is another that is a bit unusual, just to keep things going.

Dave

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Dave, Your right about the wireless Infrared remote. Unobstructed line of sight between remote and camera receiver, 16 ft. Wow you know your cameras. It did say that you could "bounce the IR signal." I'm such a novice that I think I'll concentrate on my camera and the 200 mm lens that came with it. Awesome photos, I am so glad I've discovered you and your website http://www.pbase.com/uncledave

I love watching the bluebirds in my yard every year. We have a box that hatches at least 2 broods each year. I was able to watch mom teach one brood where the bird bath was this fall. Daily visits from the teenager Bluebirds. It was such an awesome sight. Guess that's why my husband said i needed a new camera.

Melanie

Marlton, NJ

What an adorabe catch that is Dave!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Just beautiful Dave!! I think I forgot to breathe a couple times..

gasp!

debnes

Stafford County, VA

Thanks Helen and thanks for telling me about this site. Here's one more. Say when you've had enough.

Dave

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Now that's a fun picture isn't it? lol

Are you on your lap top today? I have a lap top and love it! Except I keep hitting the wrong button somewhere and sometimes I lose my posts lol I think it has a mind of it's own! I'm can't keep up with computers either just know enough to get around DG's thank goodness lol All of these new electronical thingies they have out now are so great and I want to learn how to use them all lol You can do almost anything now a days if you have the right equipment and the knowledge to use them! And the right people to teach an old lady like me lol

Stafford County, VA

Yes, I'm on the laptop in the kitchen. These are all shots I've taken within the past few days.

Here's another situation I see everyday and try to capture. The female on the right is being bumped off the perch by the adult male. Sorry he's a bit out of focus, but it shows you the pecking order. I do have better shots showing this sort of interaction.

Daave

Stafford County, VA

OK, just one more before I have to get off here for a while This was taken with the bird in the shade, so the background appears a little too light.

Dave

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 11:11 AM

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I like the last picture it makes the bird stand out more!

Never enough pictures, you feel free to put all of the pictures on here and more! lol

Need to run to town now, later...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Bravo!! Dave!

Stafford County, VA

Thank you Deb.

It snowed here today then turned to rain. Here is a wet male bluebird.

Marlton, NJ

LOL; thats cute!

Stafford County, VA

Followed by a very wet female bluebird. She is a sad picture. I just took these and it's very dark. I turned my dials up to max in every category. I hope you can see it alright.

Dave

Marlton, NJ

ROTFLOL! Oh yes I see the sad one fine! Thanks Dave!

Stafford County, VA

Let me add one more while I am on a roll. Here are eight of my BB's in the top of the gum tree behind our lot. I think I see a couple of wannabee's too.

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Oh no!! I know exactly how the wet female feels, too!! I have problems remembering my umbrella most of the time. Her expression to me says "what's the use?!?" LOL!!

Stafford County, VA

In all fairness, here she is on a better day.

Marlton, NJ

Aww, she's lovely!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Dave, I think you need to make those poor birds some rain coats lol So the bluebirds are your favotire bird? I haven't had time to go thru the rest of your site yet maybe this weekend, I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for more pictures!

Stafford County, VA

Well, LeBug, if you look at all of them you will see almost every aspect of the life of a bluebird, including the act of mating, nest building, eggs in the nest, feeding the nestlings, fledglings at the moment of their first flight, then virtually every day of the approximately 100 days it takes them to get their adult feathers. And lots more. It has been my passion for several years and I try to take (several hundred) pictures every day. So, it's rather like a diary. Here's one of my favorites.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

OH yes that would have to be one of my favorites too I love that one but you have soo many pictures it would be hard to pick a favorite lol

I had a Carolina Wren get stuck in my window today lol He managed to get in between the screen and the window somehow, he's always at that window! Those are one of my favorite birds too.

Marlton, NJ

That is a great one Dave!!!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Totally AWESOME shots Dave!!!
When do you start at Natl Geo?
I am so jealous.
-Don

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/811818/
Here is a new thread Dave started for more pics.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.