DAILY PICS VOL. 53

Klamath River, CA

This Red-tailed Hawk wasn't too happy about me being in his area.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics adel and tiger!

Today I didn't see 1 single Chickadee in the yard; very weird!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Wow! 24 hours since I checked in and such an amazing array of birds!
Adel: I especially like your little Junco up near the top of the thred.
Debnes: I love seeing the Waxwings. We normally see them in our Nandinas and Hollies this time of year, but I haven't seen any yet.
Bronc: Martins and a Kestrel! Two birds I've never actually seen with my own eyes. Thanks for posting them.
GP: Good shot of the flying ...ummm..Wood Stork. :)

First time I've ever seen this particular Nuthatch here. We have quite a few Brown-headed and White-breasted, but I'm pretty sure this is a Red-breasted.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Marlton, NJ

It sure is a Red-breasted Nuthatch!

Congratulations! Their a great bird and your pic is wonderful!

Brainerd, MN

I just don't have time of late to laze over everybody's pics. Maybe this weekend I can take some time and catch up. Do you realize you are going through at least 2 threads a week!?!

We had some big excitement here yesterday morning. My husband called me over to the back window to see four - yes four - Pileated Woodpeckers. I only mention this because I like to keep the Pileated envy steaming! (LOL)

When I get a chance, I'll post whatever shots we got. I don't think we got all 4 at any one time.

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

Not thirty minutes after I commented about not seeing any goldfinches this winter; they started showing up.

Thumbnail by f_chisolm
Marlton, NJ

Nice Pic of the Goldfinch Frank!

I have so much to learn with the new camera.

I was having a heck of a time w/ little twigs/branches in front of the birds.

Heres a male Northern Cardinal today.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

This house finch seems to have more color than the others I have seen.

Thumbnail by f_chisolm
Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

Nice pic pelle. Good DOF and clarity. You are doing good with your camera.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
This house finch seems to have more color than the others I have seen

That's because it's a Purple Finch ;-)

Resin

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

Thank you resin. That is wonderful. I have never had one before. So this is a first for my life list and my photo list. Maybe they only show up in the rain.

Thumbnail by f_chisolm
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Oh yeah. Seen from the front, it really is a purple finch! Very cool. Ain't he purty? Congrats, Frank!

Marlton, NJ

Congratulations Frank!

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 8:31 PM

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 8:33 PM

Marlton, NJ

Thanks Frank, LOL, I don't know how I did that. :-)

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

Me? Cali? nope. Mississippi

Marlton, NJ

I know I just fixed it. :-)

Saint Paul, MN

Pelletory -- nice shot today.
Everyone -- great photos. A purple finch! How fun.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

sybil, you are just mean for sur! Braggin' about having FOUR Pileated Woodpeckers at one time! Sheesh, some people.....and no pic either! :-)

I want a Purple Finch! Congrats, Frank!

Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

A rare Alabama snowfall... it started "sticking" yesterday at dusk and unfortunately is already gone this morning...

Thumbnail by JulieQ
Marlton, NJ

Wow thats neat Julie!!!

I see you had alot of Cardinals there. :-)

Marlton, NJ

Yesterday I took alot of shots of this American Goldfinch but I wasn't happy w/ alot of the shots.
This one came out decent but she/he has some sliver seed or something hanging from its beak which sort of ruined it for me, lol but here it is any way.

2 Pics

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Heres another not as crisp but they are darling little things. :-)

Thumbnail by pelletory
Waxahachie, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! Lots of cardinals, Julie! Around here they aren't in big groups like that.

Those pics look great to me Pelle!

Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

I am lucky to have them year 'round here. It is fun to see the babies and the "teenagers" as they develop their colors. I counted 20 males this morning and about the same number of females all taking turns at my back feeder. They don't fight too much. lol

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey Pelle, I can photoshop that seed right off that little sweety's beak for ya!! It's MAGIC, I tell ya!!

Benton County, MO(Zone 5a)

Great pictures everyone! I just love seeing everyone's birds. You all are really way more talented than I am though. Your pictures are terrific and you get them on tree branches, etc. I have trouble doing that so most of mine come from the feeder. :p

Here are some of my "away from home" shots which aren't terrific. The first is of an Eagles nest that is the one 5 miles from us. It's been there for awhile now and we still see the Eagles around it. In this picture, the nest is to the right, and there is actually an eagle sitting on a branch toward the top if the hills, just above the center, but the camera I had at the time couldn't get a better shot of him.

Thumbnail by creekwalker
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
A rare Alabama snowfall... it started "sticking" yesterday at dusk and unfortunately is already gone this morning...

That's still more snow than I've had this winter . . . and I'm at 55°N latitude!

Resin

Waxahachie, TX(Zone 8a)

I see him Creek! That place is gorgeous! Is there trout in that creek?

Thanks, I just wish it had been better. I have never seen trout in this creek. I think it's too warm a creek for them. I know there's trout streams farther south of us.

Here's another closer shot where the eagle was closer to the nest. It's a lousy picture due to my camera, but you can get the gist of it.

Thumbnail by creekwalker

I can't wait to go back this summer with my new camera and try to catch them. Dh wouldn't let me get closer so we wouldn't scare them, and my camera just couldn't get a decent shot at that distance. That creek and area is absolutely gorgeous! I just love it there. :-)

Marlton, NJ

I can see why you love it CW; its a beautiful area!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Not a very clear picture (through a window), but I like how it shows this Downy using it's tail.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4

Another lousy pic, but could this be a white heron? I couldn't get closer to him because he kept flying off.

Thumbnail by creekwalker

Here was a shot of him flying off.

Thumbnail by creekwalker

Well, maybe that all the field photos I have lol Here's a Rose Breasted Grosbeak trying to stand his ground against a Blue Jay.

Thumbnail by creekwalker

And a rare shot of the Pileated Woodpeckers that I have a lot of trouble catching! Did I spell that right?

Thumbnail by creekwalker
Marlton, NJ

goldfinch, nice shot of the Downy using his tail!

CW, I love the shot of the Rose-breasted Grosbeak standing his ground;very nice!

Yes you spelled it right. :-)

Isn't this the sweetest looking thing? Mourning Dove getting her breakfast.

Thumbnail by creekwalker
Marlton, NJ

Yes; I love their eye ring.

And last one for today is a shot of a crow. Every time I put corn out it attracts them.

Thumbnail by creekwalker

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.