I'm making a hat!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I recently started volunteering at a heritage home here. I will be wearing circa 1905 blouse and skirt when I do tours ( we are called historical interpretors) , The lady who does the costuming is teaching a hat workshop so I decided to take it. I really wanted a summer hat but for the workshop we are doing a wide brim boater. It wll be covered with a stretch velvet - I am looking for black but if not it will be a wine color plus decorations of course.
There are 3 classes and we had the lst one last Saturdy and I am busy at home securing wires around the edges and then covering with bias tape. The green in the pic is masking tape which we use instead of trying to pin the double buckram. Next week I will get a pic of the model hat if I remember to take my camera!

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!