2008 Early Bulbs/Corms/Tubers blooming

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Does this count ? Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Mine don't have permisson to come out yet. ☺

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

WaterCan2, If you ask Victor nicely, he might grant you a special dispensation to allow yours to bloom early. Worth a try, good luck. Patti

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

That's ok, I like mine to come out later, if they come out now they may get buried in a snowstorm. Plus... Victor charges too much. ☺

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wish I were that powerful! Wow - you win Patti. I haven't even looked for anything yet.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh how pretty. It sure does help fuel the spring fever, but alas nothing but snow people popping up here. I hope the next six weeks go by quickly.

I took a look around because we had 3 days in the 60's last week, but everyone decided to stay wrapped up in there hardwood blankets.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

That one counts for sure, Patti! Do you have any blooming in your new brook???

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh my! Thats amazing! Wouldn't that be pretty here if it could peek above 2-3 ft of snow.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Before our latest dump of snow I saw some daffodils peeking above the ground. And the tree peony leaf buds are nice and fat....
its hard to wait sometimes.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very hard to wait!!!!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

thats why we've got these inside...
:)

Thumbnail by tamberlin
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

If anything's popping up out there, it's doing it under a nice blanket of snow. The buds on the rhododendrons are getting fat... they still have a long way to go, though. Oh, right. I remember noticing fat buds on the lilacs too. Not sure buds count though.

Patti, as soon as the snow melts, I'll go out and survey.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here is the real deal. Not many yet, but an army on the way. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Outside?

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I have an inch of a couple daffodil greens coming up...had to tell myself today it's still just January!

I have to go look tomorrow. I might have something.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Yes, outside on the west side of my house, go figure. I have to check when they really started last winter. Here was a strange something on Jan 13 2008. ??? Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
Does this count ? Patti

No.

This is why:

You planted more bulbs than me. We were almost even the middle of October but then you pulled way, way ahead. I figure you need about 1,453 bulbs to emerge before we start counting.

I should get a handicap for being on the mainland too but I'll be gracious about it and won't take it.

:-)

Nice pic!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

David_Paul, Ok, I will give up all my scilla for my handicap. But these are old bulbs, I planted zero, zip, nada snow drops this year, so this one counts! But what are those strange wiggles. We need a bulb maven like Wallaby1 to weigh in. At some point each year Nantucket goes from ahead to way behind. we go from warmer to cooler than the mainland almost over night, it is because of the Gulf Stream. Ocean changes color, too. Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.