The FLOWERPOT Cafe' VI - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I used wire on just the tops of these to get them to face right.....

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

No wire....

I have signed up for a correspondence floral arranging course. I am going to do a thread on it and some are going to play along. You are welcome to join too. I HOPE to have it done today, or at least this evening, with the first lesson.

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh, and Star, IT IS SLEETING HERE!! Birmingham is about to shut down. lol.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hey Traci, Those daisy are so pretty! Did Teensy have a great birthday?
Thank you for sharing the floral correspondence course. I can't wait!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Teensy had 3 wonderful birthday parties. This was the last one, the biggie. She LOVES flowers and we constantly have them in vases, even dandilions. I am so glad you are going to do the course with us. I have just got to figure out a way to do it. It will be slow going, as I have Teensy every other week and won't have as much time. But this was something I treated myself to. I think I deserved it. lol.

I hope to have the kinks out by tomorrow. I have started working and won't have it done until tomorrow evening. It will be so much FUN!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Sorry I missed it, but thanks Terri and Traci!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

How is he doing now, Tammy?

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Hush, I am not here watching :o)

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 11:31 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

He is in more pain now than before, but he is tough! Thanks for asking, Traci!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Shame on you, Robbi!

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Ha Ha Ha!! I misspelled here and you missed it :oP

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

No one would guess we are on the phone!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

DANG IT! LOL

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Three way!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't think my cell phone will let me do that?

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Thats sounds BAD!! LOLOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

GOT YOU ROBBI! HA HA HA You put an extra 's' on that! HE HE HE

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

I don't like you any more!! And you have the nerve to laugh at me-good! I hope your chest hurts!!!!!!! QUIT LAUGHING!!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OH MY GOD! I can't quit laughing! This is really bad that I did this all the while being on the phone with her!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Mine does.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, we will quit high jacking your thread now! LOL

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

I don't know how to do it Traci. Sorry for taking over your thread, Tammy is making me talk on the phone so I will misspell everything!! Man is she a pain in my butt!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

At least she spelled butt right! HE HE HE
She loves me, though! LOL

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I need to get myself into bed anyway. I will try to catch up with both of you tomorrow, Tammy and Robbi.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, night night!

london England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone! hope you are having a good day.
Just bringing in some fresh tea!..................

Thumbnail by terriculture
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Evening everybody!

Gonna start gettign ready here to button down the hatches of everythign I can and get ready for several more nights in the teens, so terri, your pot of tea is refreshing sight to see. I may not be able to drink it, but I sure can put my hands around it and warm them. : )

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, your tulip tea was delicious as well as beautiful! I love the way you let it flow to one side. Perfect placement! Now, would you do me a favor and flip them to the other side like you're pouring the tulip out of the spout? Just curious.

Star, stay warm.

Hi Star and Karma,
Very funny Karma! as it happens I'm prepared for your request, (sort of).

How about this one for placement. Can you tell I had the day off work?!!! the housework is still looking at me.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Pretty!!Tulips and rosemary? They look wonderful together. Some more tea, please.
Hi Everyone!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Well, it's a start on the course. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/805192/

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Traci. . .I am eagerly awaiting over there.

more tea .............

See you tomorrow in class everyone!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh my gosh, I am so full of tea! LOL. Very nice arrangements TC. I started reading a flowering arranging boo last night. It's pretty old, but it gives one the general idea. I spotted a few more books at the opportunity shop, but didn't get them today. One at a time is enough.
Heres one I made tonight to put on the refreshment table at my plant sale tomorrow. The Leonotis doesn't usually last long as a cut flower. I read about putting boiling water on the stems! What do you make of that!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Hi Sue,
Just popping in quickly before I go to work. Yes with woody stems it's a good idea to hold in a cup of boiling water for 1 minute. This shocks them, and helps them to draw water up the stems quicker, then put them in cold water and allow to condition for a couple of hours least.
Your arrangement is beautiful! So eye catching, your customers will start to come for the flower arrangements before you know it!! Good luck with the plant sale today!
Hi everyone!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thanks Terri, I'm actually off to bed now ( 11.51pm here) but thanks for the tip on boiling water. I let the cut plants soak in the sink for a couple of hours before I played with them. They are in an oasis block with a plastic mesh cover that you can poke the stems through. It's been floating around for as long as I can remember! Don't know where it came from.
Goodnoght all.
Sue
Pink Canna - a-la-natural.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Weeds, the canna is beautiful.

But, you arrangement is outstanding!! I am not proficient in flower names, so could you please give me the names of what you used. Like, the tall peach are.....the trailing red is....and so on. I love the colors of the foliage. Thanks so much.

Terri, I forgot to mention, I love the tulips arrangements. One of my favorite flowers, as they remind me of mom. On her third year of breast cancer survival, I sent her a square vase of pink tulips laid over like the ones in the pot. She is 3 1/2 years now!! My favorite is the last circular one. I love it when you have a free day to play.

The daffs are great and either you got a new teapot or the flowers just make it pop.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Wow Sue, Great Job!! I love the color combination and all the different shapes. It looks very professional.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.