Weight Loss Thread Jan. 12 - 17th(?)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Here we are in a new week. Lots has happened in that time. Mini has lost lots of inches and pounds, Taynors has started back to the gym, ANNA HAS NO COMPUTER FOR A FEW DAYS, we have 2 new family members, and I have a new computer. It is looking up for most of us. We still need to keep RR and her parents in our prayers. I'm so sorry to hear they are having health problems again. The cranberry juice sounds like a great natural cure.

My eating has been pretty good this past week. No more candies lying around to munch on tho I did eat way too many Soft Batch chocolate chip cookies that came from the food bank this week. I have been drinking plenty of water. If I could just get rid of more of it. I feel the water logged tissues in my abdomen and see it in my legs. This morning I took an extra 1/2 of a Lasix to see if that would help. It should. I also drank some of the Hollywood Diet and that tends to have a diuretic effect on me.

It is still chilly here, but warm enough for the ground to be thawing a bit. That means mud will be getting tracked into the house by the critters - mostly dogs - and I constantly. I will sweep, vaccum, etc. but it seems so pointless in this kind of weather. And of course there is still the constant hair to be swept off the floors, etc.

I got a call yesterday from my 83 yr. friend's son. She wants to know if the offer for her to live here still stands. Of course it does as long as I can provide her the care she needs. She has serious respiratory problems and I don't really expect her to live much longer. She is in the hospital now and they are bugging her to go to a local assisted living/nursing home to live. She doesn't want that so she will come here next week unless the doctor or hospital/DFS steps in and stops it. We will have to have some in home health care for her and relief for me to go to church, work, shopping, etc. Once again my LPN training is going to be put to use. I use to think it had been a waste of time, money and effort but I used it a lot when taking care of Jack and now Geraldine. I didn't think she would come because I have 3 house dogs and she doesn't like dogs. She says she is very allergic to them. She is just as allergic to cats which she has several of but won't admit that. She knows I won't give them up or put them outside in winter weather unless they want out. 2 of them do spend quite a bit of time outside on most days but Penny is only out to potty very quickly, then right back inside.

Not much more to tell. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2008 4:41 PM

This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!