Raw Potato

Cave Spring, GA(Zone 7a)

At work last year, someone mentioned having a boil, and a coworker said to cut a raw potato and put it on the boil to cause it to come to a head. I forgot the advice until a few months later when another coworker mentioned having a painful place on the inside of her leg. I told her about the raw potato, and I advised her that I didn't know if it would work, but it was worth a try. I asked her about it a few weeks later, and she said that she did try the raw potato one night before she went to bed. She said the next morning the place had come to a head and burst and it got well. I've had a little thorn in my little finger that I couldn't get out. It was infected and very painful, and last night I thought I would try the raw potato. I cut a small piece of potato and put it on the thorn and held it on with a bandage. This morning I took off the bandage, and it wasn't even sore. Has anyone else used a raw potato to draw infections to a head? Linda

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!