More recovered pictures.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I have located 7 more pics from my scrambled files.

1. Sandhill Cranes flying past the house.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

2. Black Headed Laughing Gulls, also flying past the house.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

3. White Pelicans on Galveston Bay.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

4. Scissortail flycatcher in Oklahoma.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

5. Another.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

6. Still another.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

7 Last one for now.

Thumbnail by trois
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful pics trois!

I love them! So glad your able to recover them!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Me to! I had thought some of those were gone forever.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Like the Scissor-tailed Flycatchers - stunning birds!

One of the species I was most pleased to see on my US trip, so it brings back nice memories

Resin

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

They are great birds. One of our most common where I grew up. Few here.

trois

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

I think they are one of the prettiest birds there is. Nice photos - of everything, Trois. Is it just the filing system that caused you problems, or a computer problem?

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Love your pictures Trois, now it's my turn to say," birds I don't get to see here."

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

ceejay, my grandson said the operating system was destroyed. He thinks Microsoft sent me a flawed update.

Thank you very much, burn_2007. The white pelicans probably fly over you very high and with no noise. We are all lucky to have a big assortment.

trois

And you were able to get someone that could rescue your files from your hard drive?

I have a second, portable hard drive that I use to back up my files once a week. It would set me back too far if I had to reconstruct my files. IF I could reconstruct them! And to lose my photos! Terrifying! I highly suggest a regular backup on a second hard drive. I even unplug it from my computer if we have a bad storm, so that if the computer blows, the backup is safe. They don't cost all that much for peace of mind.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Great pics Trois! I am so glad you were able to rescue these photos. We have the Fly-Catcher in our area and I just love them! The other birds I remember seeing on trips to Florida (before I was a birder)!

I lost my computer for 2 days!!! Spilled some tea and thought all was lost but it is back this AM! Computer withdrawal is not a fun thing. I must find a portable hard drive to back up my files...as Ceejay has suggested.

Thanks for all your pics,
Rose

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Ceejay, my hard drive was OK, just the operating system failed. My grandson has been able to retrieve pictures from a completely trashed hard drive. I believe he removes the disc from the hard drive and places it in a good unit.

dellrose, thank you and computer withdrawal is a painful experience. Last night my outside camera that looks at my bird feeder quit working. I will fix it today. I really miss watching all the activity on the feeder, and it is a part of my birdcam setup.

trois

Marlton, NJ

LOL, it definitely IS PAINFUL trois!

LOL,What did we ever do before computers came along?

Lots and lots of other stuff that we don't have time for now!

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Nice photos, trois. As long as your hard drive is functional, you can physically take it out of your computer, buy an "enclosure" which has an USB connection, connect it to another computer and use it as an external hard drive. I take the hard drive out of any computer that I get rid of. If I can't use it, I'll take a hammer to it. The enclosures are not very expensive.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the info linthicum. I will use that method in the future.

trois

Stafford County, VA

I second the comments by Linthicum.

I bought one of those HD enclosures at CompUSA and have four or five old hard drives that I move in and out of the enclosure as I need to. It has a USB connection so it operates just like an external HD. Very handy.

I have also used a hammer on a couple too, after I copied the important info.

There are places that can salvage info from hard drives. I had an IBM Microdrive fail a few years ago with several hundred family reunion pictures on it. I paid about $400 and they saved every image. Pretty expensive but I was the designated photographer and would have been very embarrassed to have to tell everyone I lost them all.

Dave

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 10:59 AM

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 11:01 AM

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Yep, that would be tough to handle. I have lost a few years ago, but none lately.

trois

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.