Interesting Blog....

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yesterday we (Master Gardeners) went on a 'tour' of La'akea...a farm dedicated to sustainable agriculture. Janice Crowl took photos and wrote about it in her Blog... It was interesting!!! She also has a great piece about the volcanos, how 'dirt' comes about, what is growing on the new lava flow areas. Here it is http://hawaiigardening.blogspot.com/

i am in the picture with the Shin to my right and his wife to my left - Shin was the #1 Etymologist at State Ag. when he retired...a most interesting fellow and lots of fun. I had fallen down and badly scraped my leg...and he was showing me how to 'mooooosh' up a leaf of Ageratum (a weed here) to put on the wound to stop the bleeding. It worked!!!!

Janice wrote the book on Container Gardening and is a super nice person...

Enjoy

(PS the picture is of a hoya bloom that decided to put out 6 corolla and corona...bit of a freak...but pretty, eh?)

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I think the hoya is lovely, but I take it that it doesn't usually have the six corollas? Going to check out the blog when I get home tonight so I can read it without interuption!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful, regardless, if it is not the norm!!!!!! I think it is "striking"!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Carol, fascinating reading about "light in the mist", La'Akea. You must have had a very informative day! Glad those chickens are protected from the mongoose!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.