The Juliana Compact Greenhouse, Model 9.9,

Deer Park, IL(Zone 5b)

Does anyone own this model? I am considering purchasing it and wanted to know if it is easy to put together and if it would be a good model for Chicago Zone 5? Any other information such as recommended retailers and pro's and con's would be greatly appreciated! My husband and I are NOT very handy and I worry that the installation (or the attempt of installation) of a greenhouse might be the end (of a very happily married couple) of our marriage. . .LOL!

I can't wait to hear from you!

Linda
(AKa Mothermole)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

When I had asked a bit over a year ago about this model and the others I was considering, I don't think I found anyone who had this one, but hopefully someone's bought one in the meantime and can give you some personal experience. In general for that sort of greenhouse, it depends on what you mean by "not handy" whether you'll have trouble or not. These things all come with parts that you have to assemble, but if you're good at doing the assemble it yourself furniture and things like that then I would think you could manage this (some of them come with better instructions than others though). On the other hand, if you always end up with 3-legged chairs and a box of leftover parts that you know should have fit in there somewhere, then this is probably not for you!

Deer Park, IL(Zone 5b)

Ecrane3: Thanks for the reply-May I ask what model you ended up buying and how you picked that model? I think I will have my carpenter put the greenhouse together for me (heck, he here anyway installing a new kitchen and windows and doors. . . (the list is never ending. . .).

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I got a 5x9 Sundog greenhouse. It was on the list of several I was considering, and when I measured the space where the greenhouse was going, I realized that a 6' wide greenhouse was not really going to fit. Sundog was the only one that had a 5' wide model that had enough square footage (there were other brands that had 4x6 GH's, but those were going to be too small for me, I had really wanted a 6x8).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.