retired widow

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Am I first. I have been retired from apple orcharding for about 15 years. My husband passed away in 1994, I sold our house that was located more or less in middle of 80 acres of orchard, and bought 5 acres located 1450 feet . I have been here almost 13 years now, homesteading on undeveloped dry land.

My health is not the best now so am restricted in my gardening activties. I do have a fellow who comes to do the really heavy work when he has the time and I have the money. We have had snow it seems like everyother day this winter. Last night about 6 inches of the white stuff, so no gardening right now. So I am studying seed catalogs. There are about 20 of them on my table. I am trying to restrict my wants/wishes to what I realistically think I can handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a small 10 x 14 ft,. greenhouse built on the north-east end of garage. That is where I start my seeds and hold over plants that are not equal to less than zone 7 conditions.

Donna

This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!