attaching DG photos to journal

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Can I use (download) a pic from DG to use in my Journal? I want to attach a pic of a plant that I don't have a personal pic of to my journal and print it out.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I would dmail the person who the picture belongs to and ask if they'd mind if you used it in your journal. If they don't mind, then you can do that, but if they object then it's better not to. And if they allow you to use it, when you upload it into your journal, make sure you temporarily turn off your copyright watermark so that their copyright will show when you upload it. That way if your journal is public and someone else sees the picture, they'll know whose pic it really is.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I had no idea that I had a copywrite watermark, should an icon show up somewhere? I keepmy journal private so someone else seeing it would be impossible.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You turn the copyright on/off by going to "My Info", then "Preferences", then if you scroll down you'll see copyright in the navigation box on the side of the page. I think the default if you've never been there to change it is that it'll be turned on. Even if your journal is private, I'd still ask the person who owns the pic if they mind if you use it and turn off your copyright when you upload it--that way if you change your mind in the future and make your journal public they can't get upset with you.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the info.
Peg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images