Peach tree

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

How do I know its ripe?Its a new tree and the deer left us 5 peaches.They are pink and red so the colors right for being ripe but they feel real hard.Do they ripen off the tree? Its a "Relience" Peach if that helps.Maybe someone knows when they ripen in zone 5

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

I like to wait until they are starting to get soft. BTW If all you have is 5 peaches I would suggest that you check them without anyone else around. That way you can have all 5 for yourself! Just tell everyone the "deer" ate them :) Besides fruit and veggies ALWAYS taste best when eaten in the garden.

Sari

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks,I was not sure if they are suppose to be soft before picking.And my DH checks them every day so it will be hard to sneak one off the tree.LOL But thanks for answering. "cc"

Pick your peaches now at the firm stage, they will continue to ripen.Just set them on your kitchen counter. As they get softer they will be more susceptible to rots and insects if they stay on the tree.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I picked 4 of them ,ate one cause it was soft.I LOVED it,it was so good,my DH and I were fighting over it!!LOL Thanks for the help!"cc"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.