Finally made it!!

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

This is Double Shot.

First attempts to bloom in the Spring froze. It tried again in November and they all froze. I brought this one stalk in last week when the temps were going into the teens and it opened yesterday. What a great way to start the year.

Neil

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

That is simply beautiful!!! and my favorite color too....iris's are well worth the wait aren't they...I have had some for two years now(that I purchased at a flea market from an elderly woman) and finally this past summer I had some bloom...it was huge....white and probably 6 inches top to bottom...the blooms lasted so long too!

Happy Gardening!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is lovely to see an iris in bloom somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere. We are months from iris bloom here. We have a 70% chance of snow today.

Santa Ynez, CA

I had iris still blooming and trying to bloom into Jan, Golden immortal just squeezed into the new year:) now looks like any stalks out there will die off, between the rain and the frost;(

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am so jealous of both of you!

Santa Ynez, CA

if it makes you feel better, I really would like to go out today and do some work in the yard but it is too ugly out there.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Probably, I would feel better if you could go out in the yard and do some work. I think we just started getting your storm this afternoon - a mixture or rain and snow.

Santa Ynez, CA

it is now raining pretty hard, not complaining we need it.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I feel for you both...the weather here in the Carolinas has been nuts...80's in December until a week ago and then it was teens...brrrrrr ...we got tons of rain a week ago, then it froze, and today it was like 65 - ...I don't know whether to wear thermals or not each day! LOL

Santa Ynez, CA

sounds like our weather, we finally got rain, before it seems like it could be summer, no wonder the iris are confused.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Beautiful Neil, glad you finally got one ! We don't get much rain here in the desert but the winds have been terrible this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.