Be Careful With This Company

Houston, TX

I wanted to let everyone know about the experience I had with the Lily Lady, in Darien, Georgia. In November I bought amaryllis bulbs that were on sale. In December my order was cancelled by the company for no reason, although the same bulbs are currently for sale at much higher prices. There has been no response to my emails, or to the phone calls I made before the line was disconnected. My money has not been refunded and I will be reporting her to the BBB, the local newspaper, and the local district attorney. She has now stopped taking credit card payments, "due to problems we've had with credit card companies." There is another review of the company in the Garden Watchdog, written after the same thing happened to him.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

You know you can also report them for mail fraud if the U.S. Postal Service was used in any way, such as mailing in your order or payment.

It looks as though it's a small company so maybe she just got overwhelmed and is scrambling to get everything straighted out.

I sure hope that is the case and you get your money back soon!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Also, if you paid with a credit card you need to get in touch with them and let them handle the situation. She will be charged extra for the order being canceled, and I doubt she wants that! Good luck on getting this resolved!

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe you should post this to the Bulbs forum too.

Houston, TX

I posted the incident on the Bulbs site and I have contacted the credit card company. I will report any developments with the company.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I have the same problem as you. I ordered 2 Amaryllis bulbs on Dec 9th, credit card was charged right away. Have heard nothing since. I am going to contact Master Card and let them deal with it. It bothers me that the website is still operating, and telling people to send checks, since the company is no longer accepting payment by credit cards. Wonder if it is because the CC companies have been "harrassing" the Lily Lady to get refunds. Whatever is going on with the Lily Lady, I think its good that you are getting the word out that there is a problem. Please update us as to future developments.

Read the About Us and the Terms and Conditions sections of the site. A bit hostile. Sounds like they are drop-shipping.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.