Staying warm

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Let's here how all you farm people are staying warm today.

I have the wood stove on full blast.. Went to the barn and plugged to tractor in to warm up... Have made two trips there so far... Tractor seems to think it's on vacation or something.. I will give it a little more time..

So, I am setting here with my long handles on ... two layers over that.. and my lined Carhart Bibs over that. They also have zippers on the pant legs so I can zip them down tight over my gum boots. I have two pairs of wool socks in my boots When I'm outside I have a fleece sweatshirt jacket on under my big coat so I can tie the hood tight around my face.

I have yet to figure out the perfect gloves. I need something that still gives me some dexterity .. So many gloves are too thick. But also need to keep my hands warm and dry..

I am wishing I had a tractor with a warm cab today.. Cousins are bringing several tons of hay .. We are having to do it when everything is frozen solid because we have had so much mud at the barn. But, I am not complaining about the much needing moisture we have gotten lately.

How bout that beautiful sunshine today.. !

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!