Dave's Garden Party

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, have you gotten your invitation yet? Are you making plans? Are you going to help? Well, why not?

Oh, forgot. Without your help there won't be a party. Have you ever wished you could meet all the great people you correspond with all the time? Get a chance to really KNOW your friends from all over our planet.

There is a big plan afoot to enable us all to do just that. With cost uppermost in our minds, we are planning a Dave's Garden Party sometime in 2009. 2008 is too close to properly get it organized. Besides, those who are working will need time to make plans from their jobs. Well, not too much time off. Most economical times are on Friday and Saturdays. Some place easy to travel, good food, good gardens to visit...lots of time to meet face to face...a few little forums...whatever you can think of and help us know what you want. Just kick back and talk gardens, gardens, gardens. Not exactly an RU because of problems transporting...maybe a seed swap...maybe a few suppliers from Garden Watchdog...lots of laughter and fun. Three other threads have been kicking around since mid-November on Dave's Forum. Will be right back with the links.

LouC

This message was edited Dec 26, 2007 12:43 PM

This message was edited Dec 26, 2007 12:45 PM

This message was edited Dec 26, 2007 12:48 PM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/796978/

Not having very good luck with the link today.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/791952/

trying

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/790716/

This where the idea originated.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMING, BOYS AND GIRLS.

This is going to be great!!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

All those lurkers and not one response. hhhhmmmm

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

We are all still recuperating from Christmas! I'm responding, I'm responding! Count me in, let me know what to do to help besides buy my ticket to whatever location you choose!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Always count on you, sweetheart. Beginning to get worried. ooops. Thinking positive, good thoughts.

ok. EVERYBODY IS COMING. JUST AS SOON AS WE KNOW WHERE AND WHEN.

Crossville, TN

You KNOW I'll be there...If the Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise!! Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Why not put this in the roundup forum?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Will be ALL OVER THE PLACE...real soon.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi's gonna paint all of Dave's Garden in Garden Party Colors!!! Whoopee!!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

hahahaha.... Might do just that!!!

Let's see there is pink, light pink, hot pink, lilac, purple, yello..

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

and GREEN!!!!!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

And this is not a round up!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You are right Mitch, its so much more...but the general membership is used to going to that forum for news of get-togethers...I think it's a good idea to post there as well.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi.

Lurking? Polar bears do not lurk. It's beneath our dignity to lurk. I may go into a thread and do a bit of reading but that's hardly lurking.

I'd love to join the party. Maybe even help with travel arrangements, etc.. What do say, LouC, need a hand? Can you propose something for a pair of idle paws?

Sylvain.

Dallas, TX

OH Boy! this is not going to be around the Spring RU at College Station ...will it?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

2009 - this is going to be big and nice.

Dallas, TX

Where? in Dallas or Oklahoma? lol You know i am going to be involved, I just don't want to usurp any thing on my busy social Calender. lol

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Dallas area, among others, is being looked at.

I am tentatively interested but for me, and I suspect for many others, it will depend in a large part on the cost.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Cost is number one of the list. And that is determined by how many.
The more that attend, the cheaper the price.

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I know, I know, I know..hhhhmmmm

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Texas is a far piece from us -- I'm not sure if we can swing it or not. It will largely depend on airfare and hotel costs since that's a really long distance to drive from central Ohio. If it's doable for us, we'd enjoy it.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I plan on coming still. Just depends on everything. lol. If it is only an hour or so at most outside Tyler then Texas will work for me since I have family there. So count me in!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We are concentrating on keeping very affordable. No place is for sure. The number of attendees will decide almost everything.
Keep watching and tell everyone you know on all the threads you visit. Put the link to here everywhere you go. Thanks.

I will be so disappointed if don't get to meet you.

Christi

(Zone 1)

Still watching & waiting for the final outcome of information! 2009 sounds like a great idea. Any idea of what month in 2009?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

They are still working on that. And a million other things. lol. Just keep tuned.

(Zone 1)

Oh, I will.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

The second week of January you need to be watching. That is when your help will determine a lot of things. That's why I need all of you spread the word. With over 341,000 members....well, you can see how hard it is to catch everyone.

Thanks, Pepper, I can always, always depend on you.

Christi

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Is this a get together for subscribers of 6500 or the members, also?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Spreading, like honey on cornbread, like bees in the clover, like frosting on a cake...I'm spreading....

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Looks like a hoot to me!
Will be watching for the details.
Hope I can get off work!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, Shari, you are a doll.

Gessiegail, it is for all the members of DG. Anyone that is interested in meeting another DGer. After meeting Shari all the way from Marshall Islands and having just been to an RU. We are family, girl...without all the baggage. Just want us to have an opportunity to meet each other, love each other, hug each other, share...you know the drill. With Dave's blessing there is a small group of us working up a Party. Help us.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Weeds, one of the many reasons we are thinking of 2009 is to give everyone ample time to make plans for work, finances, and whatever would be necessary. Besides, we really, really don't want to make mistakes. Want this to be #1 of #50+. Dave and his entire family are anxiously waiting to see if we can pull this off and they all will be there. Now just how great can that be!?

Christi/LouC

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I'm just getting reunioned all over the place...got a Kwaj reunion this summer, then the Garden party next. I'm gonna be such a happy kid!!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are always a happy kid...one of the reasons I love you so.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

((()))

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

lou,
you wouldn't want me organizing anything and my best friends can attest to this fact in life! (lol)
I don't fly but if it ends up being anywhere I can drive, I will be there!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

GREAT!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.