OKAY . . . IS EVERYONE READY FOR THE BIG DAY?

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I'm all set, except for a party platter I have to pick up for my sister because she's working today. And I'm still toying with the idea of making a second rum cake. The kids are excited, but it's the teen that's driving me crazy. She's trying to persuade me to let her open presents early. It's so cute to see her at that age squirming!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
(Zone 4a)

Yes I am all ready!!! Actually I am so ready I have time to spare before my company arrives for dinner tonight. It feels good...everything is in place. Soon I will put on the Christmas music and light all the candles. I love this time of year!!!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!! Wishing you all the happiness this holiday season. (((HUGS)))

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes - we're ready and looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you Sue - same to you and your family, and everyone!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas to my Northeast family!

We are ready - not an overly hectic day here so we can enjoy it.

We had our get together with my family Saturday.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great shot Al. Hope you were able to get some rest after plowing all night.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Couple hours - I'll sleep better tonight.

My niece was a tough subject to capture(still).

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Ummmmmm. It feels so good; five minutes to Christmas Day and I am finally sitting down and enjoying Dave's Garden on the web! Finished with the wrapping; my contributions to Christmas dinner at my daughter's are made and waiting in the refrigerator. Christmas Eve services went well, singing in the choir. There's a splendid full moon floating above in the cold, cold air. Santa should have an easy time finding our house. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Everything is ready except for breakfast - making an egg/sausage casserole to take to my daughter's this morning. We're going over there to watch Colin open his presents from his Mom and Dad!! Must remember the camera!! Then it's back home while he takes his nap to get ready for them, DD#1, and my MIL to come for dinner and for Colin to open presents from the rest of the family. Hoping I can sneak in a quick nap also! Dinner prep is planned to be easy and we're using paper plates so clean-up won't be bad. I want everyone to enjoy the day - especially watching Colin - it should be a fun day for him as he knows what presents are and can open them this year!! We attended a beautiful Christmas Eve service at our church last night. I love it when the lights are turned out and the church and faces are lit by candlelight. We also had a very moving "O Holy Night" solo!!! Merry Christmas to you and your families from our family. Eleanor

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

DGD serenaded me last night with several songs. I was in Heaven.
Merry Christmas everybody, hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone!

Is your spouse like mine? EVERY Christmas he starts wrapping presents around 10 pm and doesn't get to bed until 2:30 am Christmas day!

It's quarter after eight, I am still the only person awake . . . I can remember when the girls were little they would start opening their stockings around 4:15 am.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.