My Christmas Present

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi, gang!
I am writing from the hotel in New York where we are visiting with family for the holiday. I got a great present for Christmas! and my DH didn't even know he got it for me till I brought it home! I found a Ric-rac cactus at Home Depot. Quite a large one in a hanging basket. I have been looking for one that wasn't outrageously expensive. This one was only 15.00. I found it when I was shopping for his present of a new, more powerful cordless drill. It was the only one they had { I would have bought two had they had them} and I was delighted by my husband's thoughtfulness at getting this for me! He loved his new drill, btw.
I saw a magnificent ric-rac cactus at the Hillel Center at Yale two years ago when my daughter and i were taking the prospective freshman tour. They had an orientation there and this plant nearly took up the entire landing of the second floor. It was magnificent and belonged to one of the professors. I loved it but it was too large to stuff in my purse. The next one I saw was at a vendor at the flower show but he wanted too much for a much smaller plant than the one I just bought. This plant and the chocolate covered pecans my sister sent me from NC were my best presents!
What did you guys score?
Martha

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas Martha! Have a grand time in N.Y. and the cactus sounds beautiful. The one in the lobby must of been a sight to see!
We do our Christmas with the kids tonight so I don't know how I scored yet! LOL I'll have to get back to you on that one. I can't wait as all my children will be together!!
I did get a nice Christmas present from Mother Nature...39 degree's this morning and I was allowed to watch an bald eagle feed for an hour and a half this morning. Beautiful bird!

BTW, Chocolate covered nuts of any kind are my favorite!

This message was edited Dec 24, 2007 7:45 AM

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

HI!!! Martha, I am glad for you!!!! have a great time in NY... I hope my family don't spend money on me... I got myself so much stuff already! I am my own Santa (without any guilt! this year!!!!) so I got great clothes on sale (I mean really good sales!!!) and even gave myself a coat, hat, shoes from Land's End... and of course I went to Fossil outlet yesterday and got 3 new watches... like if I need any new ones!!!
But I hope to make my nephews xtmas really nice... it's my family first xtmas together in 25 years... so it should be nice... I HOPE!!!!

Celeste, I am not even wearing a jacket today... oh so nice all this meltdown!!!!!!! dreams of Spring!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha, no picture of this ric-rac cactus? Is it like a Christmas cactus? Today we're going to visit my father at his new 'Assisted Living' place with cookies and started paperwhite bulbs, and some more that he can start when he's ready (he knows how to do that).
x, Carrie

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas Martha! Enjoy NY and your family.

Victor

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Quoting:
I got a great present for Christmas! and my DH didn't even know he got it for me till I brought it home!

funny line Martha - Merry Christmas to you.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The best gift was the smile on Tarsha's face (DD) when she got to meet and hold her new niece.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Then all five together with Mom...what more could I ask for?
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Celeste.... so good to see you and your kids... gorgeous people !!!!!

ok, finally I got a gardening gift... a head light from Eddie Bauer... now I can garden in the dark!!!! of course my family thinks I am crazy but I am happy...

my nephew Alec was so cute when I asked him who gave you the idog? and he said "Santa Kassia"... so cute... and of course we all laughed so it was ok...

Thumbnail by Kassia
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Kassia, your livingroom and tree is beautiful! How cute that Alec calls you "Santa Kassia"!!
Glad Santa got you a head light, the neighbors will think your nuts too but as long as your happy! LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Celeste, your family is beautiful. I think I have to go to slreep. (My husband's nutty schedule - we're lucky we know what day it is - Christmas Day - the details like time of day, day of the week or month and so forth often get overlooked.) Happy Holly-daze, Carrie

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

picture to come tomorrow. we got back late tonight {Christmas Day} and I am going to work on things like a ric-rac cactus picture tomorrow.
Merry Christmas!
Martha

Stargate SG1 had 20 episodes on yesterday into the am of today :-) My dream came true as I have been waiting for a Stargate Marathon for a long time.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

What's Stargate?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Martha, hope your trip was wonderful! will be looking for the cactus pic.

Pixie, great picture of you and kids. It's great that you can have them all together at Christmas...and with the new family addition, too!!!

Santa Kassia gardening in the dark with a headlight...now there's a picture LOL

schicken, so glad your wish came true. I love Stargate, but much too busy to watch.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Schicken I haven't seen Stargate in a while... but I love it too... I am going to be watching Law and Order next Monday on TNT... a 32 episode marathon!!!!

jan, if I wear a red suit I will be santa's twin... goodness gracious I love the head lamp!!!! I think Pirl has one right???

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Man, I love Law and Order - but we gave up cable to sponsor a child in the Dominican Republic - maybe I can go visit Kassia on Monday - no, I'll be in CA! Even better! x, C

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh now I am jealous... can I go to CA with you???

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

If you want to - we are going for a 12 hour sing-a-thon which you would definitely enjoy. We visit Doss in Stanford, we stay in a cheap motel, and we sing. We leave on Sat am and fly home Mon on the red eye, I think - we spend New Year's Eve in the air. x, C

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Lucky you, Carrie - send seeds back (instead of postcards) !

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Carrie, I am tempted... lol...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.