Is there really a Dave?

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

This close to Christmas, I tend to let my mind wonder and ponder the great mysteries of life. The other day I say a post from Dave at admin. It started me thinking. Is there really a Dave? It's so nice to think of some entity out thre who guards our emails and postings, who protects us from thoes who would "flame" us, who provides us with wisdom and information about so many subjects, who gifts us with with this forum of freindship. Is he like Santa Claus, some benivolent spirit who was based upon a real person who existed many years ago? Or is he truly flesh and blood and walking amoung us?

Perhaps, in the spirit of the season, someone could clue me in.

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes Virginia, there is a Dave. ( Sorry, couldn't resist )

His name is Dave Whitinger, and was featured in Garden Gate magazine just last issue. (Jan/Feb)
Looks much younger than I pictured him, lol. He wrote an interesting article on mail order plant purchasing. Thanks Dave!

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

Thanks, I feel so much better now.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Ha ha - I have joked about this many times. I like to paint Dave as in the scene from the Wizard of OZ - 'Pay no attention to that man behind the screen!'

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I met him! He's young, like in his early thirties. Nice guy!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I have met him four times at different R.U.s He is very young looking and very nice.
We all are proud to have him as our leader.
Josephine.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

And you can see Dave here:

http://davesgarden.com/members/dave/

June

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

He sure is real...hehehehe...and he has a wife and kids..heheh today is her birthday...her name is Trish...check it out..in the birthday forum..She also has lots to do with what goes on here..lol.....and you can see him...in action...in the video's too...and hear him..too..lol...cool and handsome..for sure..

Smiles...Diana

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Trish's birthday wishes is also here...give her a big wishes..smiles..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/798667/

and have a piece of cake..in the birthday forum....

Diana

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have met him many yrs ago when daves first began
We had the first small roundup at daves in TN
and his BD is the on the26th of Dec!

This message was edited Dec 22, 2007 8:48 AM

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Ohhhhhhhhh............my. I truly am an old woman; I could be his mom. LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.