Daily Pics Vol. 42

Hebron, KY

Bebop,

That's a really nice pic! I can see everything on the Dee clearly! I've been taking my pics the last few days thru an open window, even tho it's been cold, so I can't get too close of a shot.

White Breasted Nuthatch coming in for a landing on the peanut feeder!

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Closeup of the WBN coming in.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Today was the first nice day we've had in weeks!

Hebron, KY

Male Cardinal munching on 'my seed mix'.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Cardinal and WBN sharing the mixed seed treats together.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Junco checking out the area.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Goldfinch cold and puffed up.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Bebop, wow, nice pic. Lots of details, beautiful colors. What kind of Camera do you use?

Marilyn, your WBN, in flit is very good, mine usually comes out blurry, any special setting on camera?

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

Did you erase the beak of the male Pine Grosbeak, when you erase the background?

Bebop,
I love your dee. Quality work! Grate details.
Gary

Hebron, KY

Burn,

Most times it's set on Auto, but with birds I usually set it on the action/sport symbol setting on the camera. I just use a Fuji Finepix 2600 automatic camera. With the pics I've been taking lately, it's been on auto. I forget sometimes to set it for action shots.

Klamath River, CA

burn_2007 Yes! The Jays (Scrubs and Steller's ) are very loud.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Lol Gary, no I didn't do anything to the picture. But it's true, he seem to be missing a beak. Good thing he's got that little bit of food in his mouth, otherwise he'd be very maimed.

Marilyn; I have a fuji finepix too,but S700 I only got it recently, so don't know much about all the settings yet. But I think I got that on there. I'll see what I can do with that.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Burn, Don't ya hate it when your subject turns his head right before you take his picture!!!

Super good shots everybody!

:-)

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks Burn, I got lucky with that one. It's a Canon Powershot S3 IS. Set on Auto.

Hebron, KY

Burn,

My mistake! My digital camera is a Fuji Finepix S 5200 (not 2600). It has 10 optical zoom, but I want the Fuji Finepix S8000fd with 10 optical zoom! ;-) http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s8000fd/

The setting is ' S ' for sports/action, by the way, not I was stated above.

The following pics were taken today, 12/18/07.

I'm pretty sure this is the American Tree Sparrow. Adorable, sweet and beautiful! They come from the north in the Winter.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Another shot from today (18) of this sweetie. I was thrilled to get shots of him/her!

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

A third shot of the Tree Sparrow from today.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

A fourth shot of the TS.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

I so excited! This is the first time since we been feeding the birds everyday since 12/00, that I've seen the TS use a feeder! ;-) Today, I had a mixture rich in sunflower chips, hearts and peanuts, along with some other goodies! (ran out and had to use the really good stuff! Which was WBU Woodpecker Mix, lots and lots of WBU sunflower chips/hearts, and I added lots of the WBU peanuts! ;-)

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Downy enjoying the peanuts.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Male RBW enjoying the peanuts on another peanut feeder. There must be a leaf between the feeder and the male RBW (the brown patch).

This message was edited Dec 19, 2007 12:34 AM

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Another view of the male RBW with a peanut!

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

Two Blue Jays! One coming in for a landing for the peanuts and other nuts!

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Las Cruces, NM

Nice pictures everyone.

I guess it's time for me to refill my suet feeder; but it was so funny watching this little cactus wren today. It has reallly taken a liking to the suet and was putting on quite an acrobatic show in order to get the last little bit of it.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
Las Cruces, NM

Here's a curve-billed thrasher with a piece of corn. My kind of bird ... not picky at all. It will eat anything that's available.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
Las Cruces, NM

This little inca dove caught my attention because it seemed so tiny. That's when I noticed it was missing its tail feathers. I don't know what happened to it; but it seemed to be getting along just fine. Sorry the pic isn't too good. I had to shoot this one through my dirty dining room window.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
Las Cruces, NM

Another shot of my tail-less inca dove. This one also shows another "normal" inca dove for comparison.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
Melbourne, FL

A zoomed shot of my Hawk visitor.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice hawk pic GP!

Jane the Cactus Wren is really cute! Good you captured the Incas with and w/o the tail feathers!

Seeing a different kind of sparrow must be refreshing Marilyn. Great pics!

We are having Indian Summer here as we approach Christmas... Yesterday 71, today will be 72. Not so normal actually, but the birdies don't mind at all!

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Everybody! Into the hot tub!

Whole lota splashing going on...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The fish don't seem to mind the bird activity at all...

Marlton, NJ

Nice pics everyone!

Congrats on the new Sparrow Marilyn!

Love the Cactus Wren Jane!

Nice Hawk GP!

debnes, Love your hot tub pics! Is that a Bluebird I see on the right wingwaving?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Ty pelle! Yep th BB is stuck in wing wave mode... :-

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

All beautiful photos.
Marilyn, we have a tree sparrow hanging around, too. He hasn't stayed still long enough for me to get him yet but I'm determined. They are such sweet little birds.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

:(( _I_ want warm weather with a birdbath. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Looking at all your wonderful photos is such a great way to spend a dreary morning! Thanks all of you for sharing with the rest of us.

Marilynbeth, let us know if/when you get that new Fuji. I heard a review that mentioned "smart lighting", and good clear pics in low light situation. That, along w/ the 18 x optical and image stablization really got my attention.

I'm still sorting and filing images from months back. Do we ever get caught up? This is a Tree swallow from last summer. It was preening just outside the window, and keeping an eye on me while I was snapping. Seems a lot of noise was added in transfering from one file to another, but it still makes for an interesting pic.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2007 7:40 AM

Thumbnail by tigerlily
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Noise, shmoise - that's a beautiful pic, Tigerlily.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's a birdy that I have not seen for a few weeks… I get so excited when they shows up.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Very cute white throated sparrow, Mrs. Ed! I saw my first one last Saturday. I like their striped little heads and the patch of yellow over their eyes. Great picture!!

Las Cruces, NM

We had beautiful weather this afternoon (almost up to 70 degrees) and the birds were especially active.

If this keeps up, I may have to hire an air traffic controller ... lol.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.