Common Redpolls Arrived Yesterday

Wasilla, AK

There was a long discussion a week or so ago about the lack of Common Redpolls in South Central AK this winter on AKbirding. Seemed very few had more than a few. In our case the most we had seen was 4 in our feeders. One or two in Anchorage had as many as 20 or so. But the numbers were generally very low. Well Yesterday the decended on us. A couple times there were well more than a 100. Crappy light and all I had to get a few shots.
Doug

Thumbnail by akdoug
Wasilla, AK

Another. You know us photographers taking pictures is like eating potato chips.
Doug

Thumbnail by akdoug
Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Oh, how gorgeous is he!! Congratulations, and awesome pictures!

Marlton, NJ

Beautiful pics Doug!

Glad your getting so many!

Pelle :-)

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

What beautiful photos. We have a few that have moved in for the winter here. I love them. My DH calls them the "wise guys" for some reason. Probably their expressions.

Thumbnail by bebop2
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Doug and Behop...Drop Dead Gorgeous pics!! I am soooo jealous, have never seen a Redpole!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

We're getting a lot of Redpolls here too this winter. This was taken this afternoon.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Akdoug, great picture of that Redpoll, we can see lots of details .
Here another bunch.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

What a treat! I have never seen one and your photos are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us. :-)

Hebron, KY

Beautiful birds, beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing the Redpolls with us that don't get them at the feeders and lucky you that get to see them! ;-)

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.