Bird Watching Daily Pics. Vol. 41

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

One more.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Hebron, KY

Tiger,

Beautiful little bird and great pics of it! Cute! Never seen one, just photos. Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn

Marlton, NJ

Gary, Nice catch of the BWW w/ a mouthful.

dellrose, nice pics and good to see blue skies.

Tiger, Congratulations on the new Lifer! He's adorable!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sweet birdies y'all! Thx pelle, I was wondering which WW that was in Gary's pic. lol.

I take it no one opened my Christmas card I posted up there... :- sigh...

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Everyone takes such wonderful bird pictures and I enjoy them very much.
We have lots of snow here, with another 6-8" over the weekend. I was out with the camera and by the feeder and thought I would try to catch a picture.
This one was my favorite.
Boy those little guys are fast. Hardly left a blur. LOL

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Marlton, NJ

debnes, So sorry I didn't see that earlier.

Thanks so much!! Very Cute!!

This message was edited Dec 17, 2007 7:53 AM

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is another picture. This time the little guys were still for a half second.

Just a thought.
Bears, with there thick lush fur and layers of fat, hibernate all winter. Chickadees don't even fly south.

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I wish I could see the card, with dial-up I miss so much. I bet it was cute.

Hebron, KY

Debnes,

I'm so sorry! I was reading these after 1 in the morning and it slipped by.

Cute!

Thanks for sharing!

Cpartschick,

Nice pics!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I'm trying to view your Xmas card Deb, at the moment it says 'done' but I have a blank screen! Just checked, it says 'top speed' which isn' very fast, lol.

Enjoying all the wonderful pics! Dull, cold and quiet here still.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I tried but it wouldn'y open for me. I will try again.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Peanut time!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Not a very good pic. White Throated Sparrow?

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Marilyn & Pelle.. :-)

Mockingbird this morning..

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

While out this morning I was watching a GB Heron gliding along in the sky when it suddenly dipped down a couple times and caught a sparrow. Sorry it's not clear enough to make out the detail, but you can see it is carrying something.

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow! never saw that before.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Cute card, Debnes!

Enjoying everyone's pictures - especially the little birds in the snow, which is something we never see here (can't say I'm sorry). :-)

Our macaw went absolutely nuts over the weekend, flying around the house, screeching like a banshee (well, really, like a macaw, but you might not know what that sounds like!). I finally spotted the biggest black bird I have ever seen perched on top of the blue bird house outside. Someone clue me in on how to tell a raven from a crow and which one is likely to be larger? This thing was HUGE.

She was lost outside a couple of times before we got her, and I expect she was harried by crows.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I do need to get out and empty the snow out of the peanut silo.

Thumbnail by debi_k

Got it this time Debnes, very cute ....and kind of creepy! :-)

Something must have got a hold of this poor thing. Will it be okay? It seemed to be having some trouble flying.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Hebron, KY

Grandmaggie,

Yes, it's a White Throated Sparrow! ;-)

Marilyn

Klamath River, CA

Kaperc the Raven is the larger bird. I'll post a pic after I find one.

Klamath River, CA

Here's a Raven.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Hard to tell, but it was bigger, so it was probably a raven. It was as big as any hawk I've seen. Thanks.

Found this site with a few tips for difficult IDs http://www.growit.com/Features/birding0206.htm

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Marilyn, I thought so! GM

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Adelbertcat, how close did that raven let you get? I love them, the sounds they make and their general antics. We have a family living on our hill but they never get close enough or stay still long enough for me to get their pictures.

Klamath River, CA

bebop2....this one and his partner aren't very spooky, I got within 20 yards.

Klamath River, CA

Taking pictures through a window on a rainy day doesn't make for quality pics but it's comfortable for the photographer.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

You told me this was SUNNY California!

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Hebron, KY

Adel,

Nice pic! I love Juncos! Adorable!

Yours is better than the ones I take through the window! lol

Marilyn

Edited.......... LOL! I love the GF's too! Cute!

This message was edited Dec 17, 2007 8:09 PM

This message was edited Dec 17, 2007 8:10 PM

Marlton, NJ

Nice shots debilu, adel & nanny!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
You told me this was SUNNY California!

All sun and no rain makes a desert. — Saudi Arabian proverb

;-)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Adel: I take most of my picture from the bathroom window, and patio doors. Cold country here. Brrrrrrr :~) . Yours came out nice.
Notice the snow in the window!!!

Thumbnail by burn_2007
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I am enjoying your pics today everyone. Some of them are firsts for me again.

Deb...I couldn't get it to load for me, but will keep trying!

Burn...The RBW finally stood up to the Starlings and now can eat his suet in peace!! I was cheering when he finally stood up for himself!! I take pics from the bathroom window too (I have to stand in the bathtub )! LOL!

Didn't get to have much fun today (sometimes life just gets in the way)! These were NOT taken from the bathroom and I froze my fingers to get a few shots this morning. No one would stand still for me...darn!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

My only other one today...boo hoo!! (At least he is cute).

Thumbnail by dellrose
Klamath River, CA

We had a light dusting of snow last night but by the time I took these pics it had melted. The forecast is for snow the next 6 or 7 days.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2007 6:26 PM

Dh thinks I'm nuts because I want to pop the screen of on of the upstairs windows. He does not use the camera much so he just doesn't get it that they interfer with the pics!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

The only screen I could get off was the one in the bathroom, and DH already knows I'm a little wacky so nothing new there!

Klamath River, CA

Nanny-56........Why don't you take a pic through the screen and one through a window with out a screen and let him see the difference?

Hebron, KY

Nice pics Burn & Rose!

We always take the window screens out of the front two windows, the back window, the kitchen window and the patio door in the cold months so we can see the birds better and to take photos too (lets more sun and light in during the Winter too). Then, in the warm months, they go back on, so if we get a really nice cool and breezy day we can open the windows, otherwise the ac is on (gets too hot, humid and muggy here).

Las Cruces, NM

Between it being rainy & cold, and me trying to finish up my Christmas shopping, I haven't been able to do much bird watching this week.

When I got back from the mall today, this was just part of the crowd that was saying, "Hey, where's our dinner?"

Thumbnail by NM_Jane

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.