aaaaaahh Rain

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

It's raining here finally! As much as I'd like to be working outside this is wonderful, a day away from raking leaves and digging is good once in a while.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Rain here too. Just wonderful. No weeding today and no watering needed.

loads of rain! The barrels are full, the garden is watered. My feets were wet :)

GGG

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Our pool is slowly filling up naturally!!!! GREAT. Muddy puddles in the rest of backyard though....ickky.

GGG how's yr foot doing?

Thanks for asking Tuliplady. I can walk on the foot indoors, but it's painful. The swelling is finally down but the break is knitting and that is very painful! Least it's healing and I should be right by spring :)

GGG

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Least it's healing and I should be right by spring :)
You serious ???? Oh my, I am soooo sorry this sounds like forever! Glad you can walk some indoors atleast and that it is healing but be careful.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Mr rain buckets are full of ice this morning!

Susan

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

So glad to see it. I was starting to lose bass in the pond. It had already dried up across the middle making two small water holes on each end. The rain put so life back in to it, filling it back up with both oxygen and water.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

GGG sorry to hear about your foot... We had almost 4 inches here Sat. A good soaker, drizzle, pouring, one. It was frosty here this morning too. My goldfish forgot to go back down deep under the leaves, but seem to be ok. Deborah, glad it rained down your way too.
Elaine

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Rained down south of me too, Elaine, I was wondering if it rained above the gnat belt. Glad to hear that it did. The north Ga area needs water desperately.

We got a good drenching in our area on Saturday. It was great.

We can use a lot more though.

I wonder if people look at a rain like that and believe that the drought is over.

BB

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

RAINING AGAIN TONIGHT...YEAHHHHHH
Elaine

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Yeah!, left Bass Pro in Macon around 6:30 and it started to rain on the way home. So glad middle and south GA is getting more rain. I especially want to hear if it is raining in North Ga.

We are getting some now in Lawrenceville. Took the day off to work otside but I am so glad it's raining

That was my plan today too, BB. Kids are out of school starting today. My son looked out the window this am and said "Look at all those leaves I need to rake"! Guess they will have to wait. My rain buckets are nice and full :)

Yeah

I/m cleaning the house today. Give Mrs Bronx a break so she can enjoy her B-Day and Holiday Weekend. I'm making a bread recipe I have wanted to make for a few weeks.

Are you going to The Lawrenceville Rings event, Raggedyann?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

He BB, my birthday is coming up very soon too. Does that mean you'll do some housecleaning here too then????
Raine here also, tuesday +wednesday good rain, thursd.+friday drizzle continiously. I haven't looked at the Dekalb Water Management site lately but is there still a Level IV drought, I wonder?

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Deborah,,, you didn't stop to see me??????? Love this rain. And nice cloudy days too.
Elaine

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I thought about you, Elaine, when I saw the Lizella sign getting off of I-475.

BB, I'm showing your post to my DH in hopes he'll roll up his sleeves and give me a hand. It's hard to bake cakes and prep for the Christmas meal while still trying to maintain the rest of the house. I need help!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TULIP!~!!

And I love this rain!! :)

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Never wished it would rain on someone's birthday, but hey Tuliplady, I hope it rains for your gardens to grow after you blow out your candles!

Happy B-day Tulip !!!!

This rain is wonderful.

Hey Cordeledawg:

You know that they are going to revoke my DH card if you show it to him!

Anyway. I have a really nasty hangover this morning. Mrs BB doesn't have a birthDAY She has a birthMonth!

LOL

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday Tulip Lady. More Rain!!!
Elaine

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks DG friends for all the good wishes AND what a beautiful pics. I wish I had so many flowers already to choose from. Hopefully next spring......can't wait.
BronxBoy, where were you??? I waited all day for you to show up my doorstep and help cleaning. Congrats with Mrs BB, she had had a good day too?
Tulip

Mrs. Bronx worked me to exhaustion! LOL

Glad for the rain we got. Some more in the forecast for today!

I'm nursing a very bad cold so I'll be home today with some tea and my new garden books.

BB

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Did it rain here while I was gone (12/26-29)???

BB take care of yourself. No winter colds allowed. Maybe a little extra in that tea will help.

Becky

Yes we did get some!

We are supposed to get some more today! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm coming around Becky. I don't usually get slammed by a cold like this. My wife said it was God's way of slowing me down :-)

BB

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I like the way your wife thinks. My DH is hard to slow down too. Seems his back starts to trouble him when he's done too much :)

Did anyone get any rain last night? I thought I heard winds or something early this morning and when I went to the bus stop with my son about 1 1/2 hours later, the driveway and porch were soaked!
There isn't much of anything green outside at my house, except perennial sweet peas. My sweet SIL from FL called me on NYE to tell me to bring my outside plants in because she heard it was going to dip into the teens here. Should have listened! :( My preg onions got a little frostbite but they will survive. There are so many little ones in the pot underneath.
Hope everyone that has been under the weather feels better! :)

Susan

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, we got a good downpour last night as the band moved through about 4:30AM.. It's a great thing!! :)

Susan

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

We got about 1/2 inch. So glad everything is nicely watered. The lettuce seems to be recovering from the 20 degree temps. We had salad for lunch. The sugar snap peas I thought were toast look like they are recovering too. Amazing. But now we get some cold again. Oh well, it is winter I suppose.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

lovely rain here last night. about and inch and and 1/8th here
Elaine

We got some.

BB

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

It's weird when the weather radar shows a green patch of rain just having gone over you, more on top of you, with more coming and it hasn't rained, isn't raining right now and no rain clouds in sight?? I'm going to work outside till the phantom rain shows up :)

Susan

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Me too Susan, they say more rain Thursday we will see! I was in Val friday 11th feeding the cows and there come a BIG down pour! You didn't get any of that??

I'm ready for the rain on Thursday!!!!!!!!

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

For us, they are saying a little rain, but maybe sleet or snow Wednesday nite or Thursday AM. Hope its rain...

Sleet may mean a day off :-)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Re: a day off.. : One snowflake and school is closed!!! Our daughter was jubilant last night when they were told at school they might be off on Thursd. because of snowfall????? When I told her that was an EXCELLENT opport. to clean up her room AND do HER laundry she didn't like the idea sooo much aymore he he he.
I like winter, winter is good, plants go dormant, kills bugs. And there is nothing better than the smell of SPRING!!

I know. But we have our house today because of it.

When we were looking for our home here is Georgia, we worked with an agent. After about 6 months of exchanging emails, we decided to come down and look at homes and make an offer on one if liked one. We drove down if February of 2004. Right at the time the Southeast had a very nasty snowstorm. We were sitting on I-85 in traffic in 8 inches of snow. I looked at my wife and said "Aren't we supposed to be leaving this behind???"

Anyway when we got to Lawrenceville, it was a freezing rain. We didn't think it was that bad but our agent refused to come meet us saying the roads were too bad. So having nothing to do we decided to jump in the car and drive around. My wife sees this teeny sign on a corner that says house for sale and wanted to go down there and that was when we first laid eyes on our new home. It had literally just been put on the market and it had everything we were looking for.

Thanks God for the storm that day.

BB

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Snow on the ground last night!.. First snow of my four year olds life :) The kids were excited and played in it :)

They had school this morning, but I guess the people who run the YMCA have their own rules, and there were closed.. so no workout this morning :( oh well.. a day off isn't that bad.. I have some things to do anyway..

Bronx, great story about your house! :)

There are always seeds of something greater in every bad storm!

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.