Are ya'll ready for S-N-O-W?part 2

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i thought the other thread might be getting to long so started this one!

light snow falling and im going to decorate the cookies here in a bit!
we shall see if the weather people are even close this time.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2007 1:04 PM

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thank you it was taking for ever with dile up
Gloria

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm just sitting here waiting for something to happen!! Seems like we are now under a winter storm warning...blizzard conditions tomorrow. This evening we're going 15 miles to my folks house. They were coming out here, by DSF hasn't driven in snow in 15 yrs and I didn't think now was the time to start! This is the first year they haven't gone to Fla in 15 yrs.

Still in the midst of decorating Christmas cookies. DGS does a few then takes a break. I don't care...they are all being send home with him...they'll probably be all covered with dust by the time he finishes!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Its snowing pretty hard here right now if this keeps up till Sunday night I t could be real deep LOL
Gloria

We just got home and it is really coming down. The roads were getting slippery and the traffic was just awful!! Wind from the east too...not a good sign...

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

well get your jammies on and a cup of tea and settle in I think its going to be a long night LOL
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dori for starting another thread. That other one was too long.

The snow has started here already. I'd say we have three inches so far. Supposed to get at least 6 I think. Who knows? I'm putting a roast in the crockpot and going to bed and will stay indoors and watch the snow fly tomorrow. Not going anywhere.

Stay warm everybody.

Brenda

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry...more grumbling....I could see if we were going to get 4-6 ft. of snow that we would need to get concerned, but 4-6 inches of snow in MI is nothing to run out and buy bottled water and toilet paper over but they sure do sensationalize it on the news.
I just drove home from work, in the dark with the snow pounding down.
No big deal.
I just drive slower when roads are snow covered.
The main roads are kept plowed pretty good here in Kent County.
My husband has a 40 minute drive to work and in 30 years I don't recall him not making it to work because of the snow.

Brushing off the 4 X 4 and getting ready to go...

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose

It's a little after 3am and I just got up and peeked out the window...oh my...it's beautiful! Tons of snow swirling around...just wait until the winds pick up!! LOL too bad it wasn't during the week- kids would love a day off from school!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, just got up and it looks like we may have about 3 inches and still coming down. The wind is really blowing so that will cause drifting making driving conditions rather difficult and dangerous.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Awwww...well here...6 1/2 inches...and blowing and still snowing...When it gets lighter...lol..maybe I can see it..hahaha...almost there...

Stay warm and dry everyone...smiles..Diana

News is saying 6 in. here...blowing and drifting coming later this afternoon! Yahoo!!

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

Good Morning. Our winter storm warning has been canceled, but, now we have a blizzard warning until midnight tonight! We're supposed to get 12"-16" here with blowing and drifting. My DH went out in the middle of the night to sweep the snow off the top of our greenhouse. He's worried about snow loads. Not planning on going anywhere today, maybe not tomorrow either.

Good day to stay inside and work on some of the presents I'm making - decided to do a handmade Christmas this year. Plus stuff to make for my shop on Etsy - great site for all things handmade if you're shopping online today. http://www.etsy.com So have lots to keep busy with.

For some reason the deer are moving fast this morning. Our black lab is laying on the floor looking out the sliders and barking ever time one runs through the back. You'd think they'd be bedded down somewhere trying to keep warm.

Hope you all keep warm & enjoy the day - tomorrow's supposed to be sunny - after all, this is Michigan. It's about time to go sweep off the gh again!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Im going shopping today! We are in the 8-12in forecast area
Its snowing and blowing and i think we got about 6in
right now and its just swirling. I dont think the wind knows what way to go! ;)
My son just drove home from Mt Pleasant to here and said the highways were one lane most of the time! But meijer had cars in the parking lot-DIEHARD Michiganders. I dont even own a warm winterproof boot-santa did you here me? :) I told ya'll I dont go out in the winter unless I have to.
Oh ya, I got up early to go potty and the floor was so cold in the bathroom. Went back to bed and when I got up the whole bathroom was cold and i could feel the air blowing through the clothes shoot. I looked at the back door and guess what-stuck open by the rock salt bucket. Things are a little warmer but i imagine it helped send my $$ to consumer energy!

Im going to read some daves and then plan the day!(shopping grumble grumble)
stay safe n warm-thinking about me out there shopping(i hate shopping)in the cold blizzard(I hate cold)
HUGZ!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

We woke up this morning kind of late at 9:00. I put our brand new low energy fleece electric blanket on the bed last night ..........and..........oh ........ my.........it was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L !! Maybe that is why we overslept. Hubby looked out the window and said we had a lot of snow. I told him to don his coat and boots and shovel the dogs a path so they can go potty. I have little dogs and it's kind of hard to pee when the snow is up to your ta ta. KWIM? I told him to let me know when the walk was clear. He says it looks like we got about 8 inches of snow. It's still snowing!

We're just laying around being lazy. Hubby is playing on his laptop while I surf on my computer. We have the Gaither country music show on. They sure sing well. It's one of our favorite Sunday morning shows. It's on GAC. The Statler brothers are singing now.

The roasts are smelling wonderful in the crockpot. Hubby will go out later and drive the tractor out of the pole barn and swipe the driveway with the big blade.

Don't go out unless you have to. I imagine the side roads are still slippery.

The snow sure is pretty coming down. Aren't we lucky to live in Michigan? Don't you feel sorry for all those poor people down in Florida just sweating on those sandy beaches in the heat? :) :)

Brenda

Yup looks like about 6 inches here too.
Already been out feeding and watering the chickens, shoveling and brushing off the vehicles.
Waiting for the neighbor to come plow us out.
I have to work 2nd shift today. :(
Wish I could stay home, make a pot of chicken & dumplings and cuddle up under a nice warm quilt.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

HI EVERYONE its just lovely out side I was out there for about an hour shoveling and pushing snow off of cars its not that cold if your moving So now I'll watch the neighbor kids from the window then I'll go out later and shovel the drifts have a good day
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey everyone... Yes we do have snow. I had to work this mornong at 5:30. My daughter drove my jeep to Kalamazoo for the night, so I had her convertible!!!! No thanks I will keep my jeep. there isnt any dome light in her car. so im out there at 5:30 a.m. looking how to turn on the lights and heater... ugh. cute car but not for me. I felt better with her taking my car with all the snow. and boy we got the snow... hey loon im with you i put a pork and beef rosst in the oven soon as i got home from work they also are smelling pretty darn good :) Had a wondeful time with a small family gathering last night for the holidays. nieces nephews brothers family and my dad and step mom. in glad we didnt have to go anywhere they came over here. know what i mean? just had to go and shovel the snow at the end of the drive way from the plows probably have to do it again here real soon. well have a great sunday everyone... Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

what a day-blizzard conditions
feet of snow
blowin & drifting what FUN!

got alot of shopping down-roads were found with few travlers and the stores were
found with few shoppers-twas GREAT

my dh came and plowed out the neighbors and the inlaws(both had autos stuck in the driveways) we have piles and piles of snow
Im sure there wont be skool tomorrow as our road and many more arent plowed and have only truck tracks that have filled in and 2ft drifts
this is our road as of 4:30pm

stay warm-im wrapping presents tonight HO HO HO!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

i was quite suprised to find this much snow when we got home this afternoon. we came home from Onaway today. i didn't think we were suppsed to get any this weekend. the north & south roads were good, the east & west,not so good. a lot of drifting. we just slowed down. made it home in no time at all. i see there is no school tomorrow much to my 6 yr old's delight.it sure is pretty though.-erika

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

driveway and flat farm land
no skool here and they already know!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

not too much snow here, just drifting piles, and one big pile
right in front of the chicken house. the girls come out to take
a look and squawk and run right back in again. LOL. even
the ducks are staying in.

we turned the slobs out , and they ran up and down the fields
I always let them out because they tend to get stocked up in
their legs if they don't move, and beside that, they need to roll,
and Ollie loves to roll in snow. JoyJoy just plods along behind
him...badump badump badump... ...

Our tractor is spraying oil. lou had changed the oil filter and
now when he turns it on the oil floods out by that area. he
tried the paper gasket, and then two rubber seal gaskets,
and its still pouring out. any ideas?
Its an old Massey Fergusen
take care
sheri

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes, we got about 6-8 inches. It sure is pretty.
I spent some time outside and shoveling, while DH was plowing.
We want to use the grill next saturday for company and I had to shovel about a foot or more snow off from the top.
We put a fire in the fireplace and with the woodstove, the house was too warm. LOL
It was a nice cozy day.
BTW, the deer were running because muzzle loader season started on fri morning. You may have had hunters around? Or the deer were trying to find a safe place.
If the weather outside is frightful...see photo

Thumbnail by cpartschick

Kids around here have school today...bet they are complaining!! I'm off in a bit to take MIL for some blood work..sure hope the roads are decent. She is a wary passenger on dry roads....she'll be hanging onto the door knob for sure today!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

LOL,
DH said the roads were pretty good. They must have plowed well yesterday.
Hope your roads are ok.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

cparts... very nice photo I love the fireplace sure do wish we had one. Your dog is beautiful!! Here is our kinda new dog... We got him in
October and as you can see hes making himself right at home...

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

Hadn't paid any attention to hunting seasons. That must have been it. The deer left a pretty 'safe' woods to run to another one. Love the picture - I want one of those, the fireplace that is, already have the lab.

Think we probably got a foot, haven't really measured. But, we got some lake effect. Plow went through early this morning and knocked over our mailbox. It's in a barrel so just have to stand it up again. Sun is shining and it all looks so pretty!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

It is just a cheepy small fireplace, but it looks nice and homey when it is fired up.
The old dog can rest his bones by it, and so can we.
gardenlady, does your dog share the couch? Ours doesn't like the leather couch upstairs (which is good), but the old couch in the basement is-- 2 cushions his, one cushion yours, and you better not crowd him.

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

What a beauty day outside, sun is shining on that white snow, deer are out, horses are playing with deer.
We just got the phone call, our DD #6 had first baby 8lb 4oz. 22" long boy, his name is Blake.

Dh going to Battle Creek hosp after work, he works in the creek, to visit her and bf and see
the new little one. I can't wait to smell him....love that baby smell.

sheri

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Congratulations!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Congratulations Sheri and family!!! Love babies and Blake i bet has round cheeks
All 5 of my boyz were over 8lbs and 2 @ 9.4-makes for some round cheeks to kiss on.
They do smell good dont they.

Been a nice day here today, did some cleaning and made goulash
I also hung up some shop lights and got a table ready to start dl seeds
I do have 3 cell packs in the window GH they were already sprouted and growing in the frig
so i put them in some soil :)
Had the boyz home all day too, the roads are plowed and then the grater came down and pushed it back further.
The are saying another weekend storm :( maybe this means an early spring :)

Congrads Sheri! Nothing like a new baby in the family..what a Christmas gift to you!

I'm watching Oprah (Dr. Oz is on)...it's good today!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Congratulations Sheri!! Grandbabies are such a blessing!

Oh darn, I missed Dr. Oz. I wanted to see that too.

Went to Saginaw with my daughter in law and spent the day. She got her books for college which she begins in January. We made a run to Toys r Us and Sams Club. Boy were they busy everywhere! I couldn't believe there was so much traffic on a Monday. I guess I've gotten too used to a small town and little traffic. I can't take it when we get into a bigger city. We did go out for a nice lunch to Don Pablos. YUM!!

We're all plowed out and ready for the next storm whenever that gets here. :)

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Loon Love Don Pablos went last summer with my dd had a great time
Love babies when there 2-3 months old and just learning things so darned cute to watch I miss mine :(
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I lived in Saginaw most my life, out in the burbs and thought I lived in the country. HAHAHAHAHA.
Blood pressure goes up, every time I near that city.
Sounds like you had a nice day though. It is great spending time with grown children like that. DD and I had a special day a couple months ago, wedding dress shopping. It was very nice.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

yes max does share the couch, thats why we bought it he loves to sit with people...

Congrats Sheri!
Love those babies...here's one of our grd. kids Jessica when she was a lil' pumpkin head angel.

40 degrees here today! Suppose to be a little warmer in the days ahead. When I went out to do chores today it felt so warm and the sun was shining. YeHAA!

Dori...it gives me hope that you are starting seeds.
Is it time to do that already?!!!

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Cutie, cutie, cutie.
We get to see our grandson for the first time on fri. They will be here from Colo and we are really excited. He is 2 months old already.

Did anyone see the wierd sky last night? At sunset there were lines all over the horizen, kind of like jet trails, but they were all criss cross. Tried to take a picture, but most of the lines would not show up. DH said it was ice forming in the sky.

Probably jet trails or "com trails" which some believe is the gov.mt deliberately dumping toxic crap on the general public.
How's that kids for a spooky conspiracy theory? ;o)

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh what a precious picture. I love it!!

How exciting to be meeting your grandson for the first time and he's already two months old. Take lots of pics to share!!

I saw a sky like that once this past year sometime. It looked like a giant checkerboard. I had no clue what it was but it didn't look "natural" to me. It was a perfect checkerboard like skywriter planes were up there having fun playing.

I wish I had taken a picture of it. I will if I ever see it again.

You never know what the government is doing. One time during the summer I heard this loud noise. I went to the doorwall just in time to see a huge black military type helicopter going over my house. It's a wonder he wasn't knocking down trees he was so low. It was in the evening. It scared me to death. Have no clue why he was here or what he was doing.

Hopefully, we'll get a break from the severe weather till after the holiday since so many will be traveling to be with loved ones.

Take care and keep warm!

Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.