Please help - Converting sherd to greenhouse

Monticello, IA

I've looked over an hour and saw all kinds of great ways to build a greenhouse but I need to know how best to do. Will someone please help me get started?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

What are you wanting to grow in your greenhouse?
What size are you needing?
Need to know this for best answer,plus are you wanting to heat it thru the winter time?

Monticello, IA

I want to be able to extend my z4 season for a bit but not grow tropicals. For now, I want to replicate conditions in z5-6 so that I can bring in my potted roses but have them go semi-dormant. I want to be able to start my seeds in April timeframe so can have gas heating in it. I have a problem with germination - everything comes up like mad but then I don't have room to grow everything that sprouts. Like I said, I'm not expecting to grow tropicals yet but would like to save more of my plants.

thanks in advance for your help!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well in that case a hog panel greenhouse would work great for you,try doing a search on hog panel greenhouse,or check some of the forums,there is a lot of info about these here.
Don

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

starting2luvz4,

Look under the topic 'Cattlepanel Hoop House'. That's how we discussed it. I have one of these myself.

MollyD

Monticello, IA

I saw the thread - fantastic!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.