Lilac Wonder's = ????

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

It is pretty, but I don't think it is Lilac Wonder. I can't get the color correct, and it is less orange than depicted in the picture shown, but it does not have nearly any of the blue in it than the one I had dreamed of growing after seeing Gordo's last season. In certain light it does have a cast that is plum rose, without a hint of orange. But I am happy to have my first Hipp. of the season. Loads to come in early Jan. Spikes galore! Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Love that wonderful form. It looks like a huge bloom.

Is that really a delicate white edging there or a shimmer from "diamond dust"?

R.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Raydio, I think it does not have a white edge but lots of diamond dust. It seems to be getting more plum color, is that possible? I will inspect it in the morning in the natural light and get back about the edge and color plus size. Patti

OK... Here's last year's Lilac Wonder...

Also, if you want to get better reds, don't photo inside. Go outside when the sun is either coming up or going down, then photo without your flash. And remember...don't photo reds against greens if possible. For some reason photoing against green pulls the yellows from the red and makes the flowers look like electric magenta. I have one heck of a time getting red shots right.

Thumbnail by
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Just came upon this thread as I have a "Lilac Wonder" getting ready to go. Doesn' t look a bit lilac to me. This happened last year for me too. I got a lot bulbs with spectacular descriptions of color and they never really panned out. All pretty much just variations of the same theme. Is that normal? Do these need something special to make them bloom true to their descriptions?

Thanks,
Juanita

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7b)

That is a stunning Amaryllis! If you ever find out the variety please let me know....

Don

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.