Waiting for Snow

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm going home now to cook enchilada (forgive spelling if wrong), read a book, chill and wait to see if it snows as promised
Every one have a WONDERFUL weekend
:)
Anita

South Hamilton, MA

We'll send you the snow we have--what's more the nasty storm snow & freezing rain on Sunday. I hope the first snow will protect the plants. ASI Newsletter arrived last week. The man from Kansas who thinks it ok to plant in Dec. isn't thinking about New England. Interesting pictures, especially High Sierra Snow and the seedlings. Lucy

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I got my ASI issue and know of the man who said it was okay to plant in December. He probably is wishing that he didn't say that right now. I live about 350 miles south of him and you couldn't plant here right now. I bet it would be even harder in Colorado Springs where he lives. He was probably thinking of the first half of December which is often pretty civilized out here. Right now it is all snow and ice.
But I ordered the arils anyhow. I think I will put them in flower pots and leave them out. I have some others that worked with.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

How did you guys like the newsletter?
A

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I liked it a lot. It was my first one ever. I am looking forward to my next one and to the show and foray in the Spring. I bet it was a lot of work! I love seeing pictures of arils because I don't know anyone who grows them in my area. I also love the pictures you post on line, at DG and on your web site. I hope I will have some blooms of my own in the spring.
Betty

South Hamilton, MA

The newsletter was fun. I hope you can get to three times. However if people don't send information you can't put one out. All editors have problems. I used to be the news chaser for our club's Irid-ISM and as soon as one comes out, they say 'What are you doing next time?" before you can take a breath.

Maybe when people see their neighbor's blooms, they will want their own. L

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Anita,
I also love Lakeside Elf. I was very excited to find out that I "knew" (at least on line) the hybridizer.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Well hopefully I will see you this spring on the Trek
I am sooo looking forward to it
I am Glad you like it.
I any of your every have ideas that you would like to see please drop me a line
A

Lebanon, OR

Working on article for you and Aril Society.

Did the snow arrive? How much.? Just cold here at 28-30 most of day now. Thankfully NO RAIN...

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I hope to see you in the spring at the Trek as well. It would be great to actually meet you. I would write an article for you, but I am really clueless about arils. Maybe in a few years.
B.

South Hamilton, MA

We plan to be at Austin,but not the trek. Our pumilas will be in bloom and have to get to them in order to carry out planned projects. Maybe there will be some arils around Texas.

Lebanon, OR

Well I am lucky leaving OR to go see Anita's place then Spoons then we will fly to Austin for Nationals then explore for a few days in San Antonia, and then I will fly home and she will go to the Aril Trek...

Looking forward to this.

Then will do a program for Iris Society on the entire adventure.
D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How fun! I am hoping to go to the Iris convention, too, so maybe I will meet you both there. too. Then I will come back for the Aril Trek. I look forward to meeting you both.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

8:56PM No Snow STILL!!!!!!
man I so wanted hot chocolate and snow
small amount of freezing rain nothing else yet
Sooo Disappointed

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It will probably come in the middle of the night and you will have your hot chocolate tomorrow morning -- at least here's hoping. Here snow often starts with a drizzle which slowly congeals to snow. Maybe this is the beginning.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I got snow and i got a hot toddy and all settled in for the night LOL
Gloria

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Our snow ended this morning it is clear and cold, but beautiful tonight. No snow predicted for about 5 days. Hope to do some gardening tomorrow if the snow hasn't frozen for the winter yet.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Happy gardening !!!!!!! I don't think I'll be doing that for a few months but all the plants are tucked under a nice deep blanket of snow
Gloria

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

wow!

I have been seeing the pics.... I work for a Airline so I keep tabs of the weather.

It is going to be in the 40 tonight in Fl!!!!

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Well no snow only rain now 60 mph winds
ahh well it's still early maybe we will get snow sooner than later
A

Iris MA be safe and all in the midwest also be safe
A

South Hamilton, MA

We've had two snow storms of 6" each. The first was light and fluffy, today's had more rain,so ice.Late holiday church services were postponed--we had shopped for food between storms. So regular life ok, but seeds aren't planted. Will have to plant them in their boxes, but they will stay in the garage for awhile.I'm glad the Packers were in St. Louis.???? I grew up in Wisconsin.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.