Lamb's Ears in Flower

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

I vaguely remember someone talking about their Lamb's Ears (Stachys byzantina) flowering, so I thought I'd show you mine.

Edited to add the Latin Name

This message was edited Dec 14, 2007 8:54 PM

Thumbnail by Kaelkitty

Here is a closer view - the whole spike is about 60cm/24in tall

Thumbnail by Kaelkitty

Even closer, so you can see the flower detail, Ciao, KK.

Thumbnail by Kaelkitty

Lovely Kk ...we had sun today ,I can't believe it! ...grey sky for ages
take a tour!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/797242/

I hope that everyone can have some of this "big wet" this Summer!
chrissy :)

Thumbnail by

I love lambs ears!
Are you getting any rain?

Thumbnail by
Coffs Harbour, Australia

That was me KK, and Mine looked just like yours, but nowhere near as tall. I can't finds the pics, but I did take some!
Sue

It's raining a bit as I sit here at work tonight, but I fear it won't last long. It was sticky humid all day today and the cool change blew in about 6 pm. The rain's not very heavy though, so it will have to go most of the night to do any real good for the gardens. At least it will wash the dust off; our last real rain happened back in the first week of November!

Sue, I meant to tell you, your Tradescantia package arrived last Thursday - the purple striped one is absolutely glorious to see in close up. I too, was very surprised by the height of the flower on the Stachys, I had this mental image of the flowers being only about 20cm or so in height. As always, even the common plants can surprise you from time to time.

TTFN, KK.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I'm glad you got your parcel o.k and I hope something will survive in your climate. Did the Tradescantia virginiana arrive o.k? And are the pieces anygood for cuttings? I can send more if needs be. I still haven't found my Lambs ear pics, but I haven't had time to look in the other computer yet. There are some flower spikes in the middle, to the left in this pic. But too small for detail
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh that was the wrong pic! They are in the middle to the RIGHT of this pic

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.