Need some advise from the experts

Kearney, NE(Zone 5a)

I have 2 daturas I started from seed. They are about 8-12" tall now. I live in zone 5. What do I do now?

Franktown, CO(Zone 5a)

Transplant to a larger pot so they can grow larger. Water and fertilize and they should bloom soon.

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Kearney, NE(Zone 5a)

okay thanks for the info. What's the lowest temp it can survive?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

Talinum, it's highly unlikely to overwinter outside in zone 5. I'm zone 5 too, and everything I've read says you have to take them in for the winter or grow them as annuals. This is my first season with daturas so I can't speak from personal experience.

Someone told me that D. innoxia *might* survive with very heavy mulching. I might try it with one of the ones I have in the ground.

D. innoxia should reseed in Ontario. It does for a friend of mine in Oakville.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

That makes sense, Brugcrazy. The orphaned ones I adopted almost certainly had reseeded themselves.

ok I now have my first Datura seeds . It was labeled White single datura, I am going to plant them in pots this week as I live in zone 3-4. How big a pot will they eventually need? I have read some on Datura's, But I would like some advice from all you pro's out there! I think these are beautiful flowers, so i am excited and I don't want to kill them!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

MWS, take a look at this thread. I asked much the same question.

http://davesgarden.com/showthread/71478.html

Essentially, what it comes down to is that daturas are weeds and pretty easy to grow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.