Today's Weather in Your Garden - 8

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

With the winds we've all had today it's a wonder all that snow isn't east of you, Al.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Must be near impossible to plow when it's so windy. Especially if it's very fluffy snow.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Appears to be all on in front of my garage door. I'll try to send it on it's way to you.

Not bad if you can push it with the wind

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

It is pouring cats and dogs here.

Here, too. Woof-woof and meows.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Well - I can't believe it! It's after 10 pm and it's 56 degrees outside - rain has slowed down a bit. I wonder how much of the snow will melt?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's 41 degree's and raining @ 10:30 pm...this is crazy! But im not really complaing.

We have a very mild week in store for us. Mid 40's to low 50's all week long!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Back home from plowing - what a cold night.

We got around 5", but it's drifted pretty good.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I love this mild streak we're getting this week - above 40. I can actually see the driveway! Out my computer window, I can see the neighbor kids sledding.

43.5 here and the landscapers are doing the last clean up of the fall next door.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Just a perfectly beautiful Christmas day. High of 38-40 today.

MERRY CHRISTMAS DG & especially N.E. Forum!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy Boxing Day! It's about 35 degrees outside with clear skies and sun shining. I hate the snow - but I don't want it to melt if there is still harsh cold to come in January and February. sigh . . . Sometimes global warming seems like a good idea.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Global warming would be a great idea if it meant that I could grow avocados in Connecticut!

Venice, CA(Zone 10a)

The News said we were in for a cooling trend (low 60's) this week.It is 8:30 am here on Dec.26 and its sunny and 75-78*.On Christmas eve at 11:00 pm the temp was between 65-70* at night.I Love Winter in Southern California!

33 and cloudy here. Happy Boxing Day too! So we honor the greats of boxing today? Ali, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, etc.?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Those are fighting words!

Whatever happened to wrestling day - used to slap the figure four on the kids and give the neighbors a flying elbow off the garage roof.

We did that every day - no need for a special occasion.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Needless to say I don't understand what boxing day is, do you box up the gifts you don't like and take them back to the store?

Or give them to someone else?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Give boxes to your friends?

Venice, CA(Zone 10a)

Hey Guys; Boxing Day traditionally is the day that you give gifts to the servants in England.

Didn't know I had servants in England! Maybe if they stopped hiding there and came here to do their jobs, I would give them something.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Why can't they just do that on Christmas.

Victor, go to the corner of the room.

I am already in the corner, Pirl. I am at my dungeon computer site in the corner of my chilly basement.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

You need a tower or maybe even a turret without corners.

A round room, maybe?

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Boxing Day is also a national holiday in Canada, too. From what I've heard, in the "old days" people would box up their excess food from Christmas and give it to the servants/hired help the day after. In modern times, it's a day for thank you gifts to service people: post men, newspaper carriers, 'sanitation engineers', etc.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Round padded room?

I don't get the paper right now, last time we did the carrier came in before Christmas and said ' I'm here for my tip - $20 is what people give me'.LOL

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Some people can be so brash and rude these days! I think that guy needs a DG manners make-over!

You can read every newspaper online now for free so who needs the paper version anyway?

How crass! What happened to his holiday spirit? Probably lost in the snow drifts.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

30°
Fair
Feels Like: 22°
Barometer: 30.10 in and falling
Humidity: 76%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 25°
Wind: NNE 9 mph
Sunrise: 7:14 am
Sunset: 4:05 pm

Today: Mostly cloudy with snow developing late. High 28F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snowfall around one inch.
Tonight: Snow this evening will give way to lingering snow showers late. Low 23F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches.
Tomorrow: Scattered snow flurries and snow showers before noon. Becoming partly cloudy later. High 34F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 30%.
Tomorrow night: Cloudy with periods of snow after midnight. Low 27F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Some snow accumulation possible.
Chance of snow 90%, Chance of snow 70%, ect...

Same old forecast, isn't it Celeste?! 35 here - cloudy with a chance of rain. Rain in the forecast through New Years Day.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'm begining to wonder why I don't just write "ditto" every morning!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Pixie62560, I am heading up to coastal Maine on Sat for a couple of days. I don't want bad weather. Please work on that for me. Patti

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

It's snowing! Eleanor

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

It is misty and damp here, but over 40 degrees. Nice enough for the dogs to want to be out in the yard. Patti

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Patti, Sunday will be good......

Saturday: Snow early. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.
Sunday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.
Monday: Snow showers. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.