More peppers in December

Algonac, MI

This is my 2 y.o. jalapeno plant which I replanted last spring. This is the peppers left on my bush.
I will save seeds from this plant because it produced a good amount of peppers this past season and is still producing in our kitchen.

Thumbnail by LostIndian
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Cool!! wish I had more room in the house for houseplants. I'm doing good to rescue a few of my big geranium plants. You're lucky you have space to keep some of your veggie garden going. It's nice to have something to tend during the long winter months.

Algonac, MI

Yeah yer right, Loon. My wife has some beautiful (?) geranimums in two of our rooms which do not get vented heat during the winter. The room stays about 45 degrees F most of the coldest wime in winter.
If I don't forget, I will send a pic of those also.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is the only one i have growing right now

Lowell i got all the seeds out of the peppers you sent me! :)

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here are seedlings that fell into another houseplant

Thumbnail by notmartha
Algonac, MI

GREAT, notmartha! I'm glad you got a full load of seeds. Hopefully they will produce an abundant crop for you.
The peppers are Billy Goats (I think) which is a form of habaneros.
One family member who thinks he can eat hot peppers with the best, decided to pop one of "those little critters" into his mouth and it didn't take 5 seconds for him to be crying the blues. He was looking to spit the li'l critter out which didn't bring immediate relief. He moaned for almost half-an-hour.
I finally got him to slosh buttermilk in his mouth which did subside the burn.
I still keep my title of King of the Pepper Eaters in this family.
You have a nice looking pepper plant, but I can't tell about the ones which "fell", but they sure look well nourished and cared for.
Keep up the good work.

Lowell

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

when will i learn to wear gloves when handling these peppers!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Okay what did you do ??? LOL
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have burnt my hands so many times cleaning peppers over the yrs.
I did wear gloves when i mad salsa this summer-still got some burnage!
But yrs ago before i knew- i burnt my hands and other parts of my body from pepper juice!

Again i did these peppers quick the other day(NO gloves) washed my hands good and there was no PAIN till i got something out of my eye! yikez rubbed a spot on my face-Yikez
tried to bite my fingernails -holy smoke!

WEAR gloves when handling HOT pepperz-DAH!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I helped my neighbor do salsa one year HE had to go potty I opened a beer for us and we both were sorry him more than me LOL
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL ya that too!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh geeezzz sorry I swear I'm not laughing tooo hard LOL
Gloria

Algonac, MI

Try vinegar or fresh lemon juice for your hands if you fail to wear gloves. You can also use buttermilk to off-set the capcesian on your tongue by holding it in your mouth several seconds before swallowing. Lemon juice will also remove fresh fish oder from your hands.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.