Help: Identify this flower

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Does anyone out there know what this flower is?????

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

CHRISTMAS CACTUS

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Dori.......are you sure....

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes
there are Easter ones and thanksgiving ones also!

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

The flower looks a little more like my orchid cactus (Epyphillum) than a Christmas cactus (Schlumbergera). Mine has been in bloom for a couple weeks, and usually blooms again in spring. Right along with my 'Thanksgiving' blooming Christmas cacti. The flowers on the Orchid cactus are rounder (like your picture), while the flowers on the Christmas cactus are more elongated, with the petals folded back (see pic). Their both really pretty and brighten up the house on these gray winter days!

Thumbnail by JeaneTH
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

mine must be orchid cactus then-always called them Christmas cactus!!!!
cool

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Ooooh I just got my first couple of Christmas cacti this year, but now I also want an orchid cactus! That's beautiful!

Look at all the buds on this one I got the other day.

Thumbnail by PeeperKeeper
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Peeper, that is just beautiful....hey, where is Georgetown Texas....I was in Ft.Worth just last week enjoying the 70 plus temps there....My sister lives in North Ft.Worth

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Just looking at old posts I've made and saw your reply, deann. G'twn is just North of Austin.

All those buds fell off the Christmas Cactus. I guess it was shocked by the move. Oh well, hopefully next year it will feel more at home.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.