i need pineapple advice

Foreston, MN

i am trying to grow a pineapple indoors. i live in mn so they arent exactly native plants, but i wanted to try it anyway. do you have any advice?

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha kapr, welcome !
We need to get RJ or TM on this one, I only see them in growing in the fields, in full sun. I will try to look something up for you.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Oh just found a thread on the tropicals forum (sorry I don't have a clue how to do a link for you). Lots of info on that thread. Also lots of good info when I googled "growing pineapple indoors". Let us know how you get on with your experiment!
Jenny

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

In your zone, you need longer periods of light in order to produce fruit. A pineapple is the unpollinated fruit...do not let hummingbirds at it. Minimum of 12 hours of light and warmth... Hope this helps.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Carol
Light and warmth,and keep a eye out for spidermites!
Then when summer comes,aclamate to the sunshine couple weeks then full sun feed it and don't let the soil dry out!

Foreston, MN

thanks!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

WELCOME

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

PS - and this is important! Water from the top...in the center...letting the water flow down to all of the bracts...HOWEVER...only fertilize the lower bracts!!! Don't water or fertilize the soil...does nothing.

Louisville, KY

I have had one for about 4 years in my house. I put it outside in the summer. I have it in bright light by the window. I don't have blinds up in that room. South side of my house. I don't know if that helps. I've never tried to have it produce pineapples, but they have explanations on the internet on how to get it to bear fruit. With mine, I just wanted the challenge of growing one from a fresh pineapple top and it lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.