your experience with Registry Cleaner Software ?

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Please be patient with me, as I am almost completely illiterate with computer terms... Trying hard though!

I have just been alerted of the fact that my pc is cluttered by registry rubbish.
I've learnt by now what that means...

I thought I was safe as I had, about a year ago, purchased a pc cleaner, called PCRescue v4.0. It is detecting faults and seemingly erasing them but after a scan with two other programs Reg Cure and Netcom3, I discovered the first one reported more than 1200 errors and the second even more than 1500 errors! That made me aware that the program PCRescue v4.0 was not effective at all!

After I had run the scan of Reg Cure I was reluctant to be bound to pay a yearly fee for their services and went on for a further search on the web by myself. Then I found 'Free Registry Fix Unlimited Fixer', its scan found more than 800 errors and fixed 50 of them for free and if you wanted all of them to be fixed you had to pay for the registered version which I did. I paid something like 26€ VAT included for it and which was meant for life time.

When I had actually paid for it with VISA, yesterday, it worked fine the first time and has erased (I hope!)all the remaining errors (at least that was what it looked like and what I believed).
But after that whenever I try to launch the program it states that I have to launch the registered form (which I had done!) and refuses to fix the found errors. I tried to contact by the 'error message report', but the server refuses the address saying : 'Bad recipient address syntax'. I tried three or four more contact addresses on their web and the server always gives the same refusal report.
I have been given though a very official looking 'Purchase Receipt' by e-mail.

After almost a whole day of trials to contact them through the web or e-mail, to the extend that I must have turned all colours from purple to green from frustration, I decided to go for the old-fashioned way and wrote them a letter to the following address which was given on the Purchase Receipt;

Promosoft Corporation
14 Wall Street
20th Floor
New York, NY 10005
U.S.A.

This is the letter I've send:

"I have to send you this in the old-fashioned way as I had to give up contacting you through the web or e-mail...
----- Original Message -----
To: email@promosoftcorp.com
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 5:54 PM
Subject: Please I need help!!

Please help!!!

I've tried so many contact addresses and they are all refused by the server, with the message ; 'Bad recipient address syntax' ;

I purchased your product 'Free Registry Fix Unlimited Fixer' yesterday, but am disappointed and frustrated, when I click on fix errors after the scanning, the program acts as if I hadn't registered and paid for it yet. This happened even after I had re-downloaded the program after the registration.
A couple of times there came the message: ' Access violation at address 00403962 in module 'refixf.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF'.

I also didn't manage to contact you through the 'report an error' address that is displayed, it simply doesn't work!

I’ve gone through a hard time with this, loosing many valuable hours and lots of headache!
Hope you can fix this for me or I would like a refund!"

I have been lured into this because when I first got to their site it said it was supported by Microsoft Corporation and now when I go back I cannot find this any longer...So I'm kind of doubting my sanity...

So sorry if I have bored you with all this...

This thread has 241 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!