Winters here!But having Spring Memories!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Ah! Liquid fudge! I would have no problem main-lining it, don't even need a spoon!

TM, would soaking help with the seed? Shows it's fresh seed if the pulp still smells. My gardening book says nothing about cleaning the seed at all, just to plant in soil at 60 - 70 degrees, keep well misted. Perhaps it doesn't matter about the fruit? Let us know what you find out.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

BH,I have them soaking in warm water,guess I'll just to put a clothes pin on my nose and take one at a time under running water and squash the fruit out,leaving the seed!!!
I wonder if the wife will fall for the idea these are fresh new variety of black graoes with seeds,and just have her spit the seeds out in a cup!!!???LOL

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

LOL! Good luck with that one! They really smell that bad huh?

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh yeah, those things stink to high heaven! Sort of like dead, rotten cheese. It's a BAD smell... I can only imagine what your DW might plan for revenge...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL! What ever it will be, it won't PRETTY!!!! LOL
She told me once growing up,she ate some goat cheese!!!PEE YUU!!
Cheese wasn't bad once you get past the smell,thats were her exact words!
So I'm going to tell that too her!!!LOL Of course I'll be 10ft standing back when I do!!!LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

That's not near far enough away...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Oh yeah! I can out run her!!!!LOL
Any way got them cleaned,hot water and a strainer did the job,didn't smell that bad!!!
Should have worn plastic gloves,my fingers are yellow!!!!
Now gotta mix some potting mix to plant them.
Say,I also got some Sophora Secundiflora,native evergreen tree in Texas,with purple flowers in the springtime,are they hardy around the Dallas area???

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I will have to look that up. Is it the same as Obedient Plant, maybe?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas day to you all!

A little vicks under the nose should work for the smell Don! Hey Marcia, I got some of those tiny pots'o fudge for my DD's stocking while I was home last month...bought them at World Market. My Nina fell in love with them years ago when they were only sold in the fancy candle shops...get some very tiny spoons and tell everyone you were testing a new gourmet fudge recipe for "pots'o fudge!

Took me an hour and a half to clean up my kitchen, but what a wonderful day we had yesterday...family, friends, phone calls, lots and lots of laughter! Hope this day brings the same wonderful feelings to all of you!

Yokwe,
Shari

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas all! Hey Don...I'm with Patti on the goat cheese! I have a cousin that fancies himself a gourmet chef. He served hot goat cheese beet salad once. Oh man!!! I thought the whole family was gonna walk out!!
Ohhh Shari....I haven't seen those! That would be a cute idea!! I ended up wrapping each sticky piece in waxed paper. Then I put it in little bags and gave it away!! I even wrapped the pieces I put in the candy dish! Waxed paper has really been my friend this year!!!
Well, I had this bright idea to make my baked beans in the oven, then transfer them to the crockpot to keep warm, so I could put other things in the oven. Good idea....I turned it on high....and guess what happened??????? I forgot to plug it in the wall socket!!! The beans were only lukewarm by the time everyone was eating. Oh well...I have had worse mishaps! And they were good!
My kitchen is clean, guests all went home, and we had a wonderful Christmas. Our elderly friends were overjoyed to be invited, and I think they really had a good time. Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

What would the holidays be without at least one culinary mishap? I couldn't even begin to count all of mine over the years, but I don't stress about them anymore, as you said...Oh well, had worse! I know what you mean about the friends...here we always invite several of the "bachelors"...unaccompanied folks who live in the BQs. The chow hall puts on a good holiday spread, but some folks would rather have a family atmosphere, than crab legs on ice in a cafeteria, ya know? Games and gossip, good conversation, hugs and laughter...

I think I sleep better on Christmas Night than any other night of the year.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yes Shari, there was the Thanksgiving one year where the toilet stopped up...well...actually...the whole drainage system stopped up...sinks and everything...with 25 people here! LOL!! That was a doozy! :))
But...you live through those things. No one ever said Life was easy!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

OH MY!!! Compared to that, no wonder you didn't stress about warm baked beans!!! Not easy, but always interesting!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Like you I like warm bake beans,but a lot of kids and grandkids like it better cold,they say can taste the flavor better,like eating potato salad,some like it warm some like it cold,I like it either way!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well, my kids all about died when I told them I used to eat cold baked bean sandwiches when I was a kid. On buttered bread! It was good!
Also used to eat lettuce and Miracle whip sandwiches...and mustard and butter sandwiches. They told me I was weird! Heck..I knew that!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

ummm...yep....you are weird ☺

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Just had a thought Shari! Maybe it was because we were poor? Hmmmmm......don't remember things like lunchmeat being around? We did have peanut butter though!! Love peanut butter!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You had peanut butter, yet you ate mustard and butter sandwiches...I repeat, you are weird! Ha Ha...but a good weird, my friend! My biggest "weird" sandwich was peanut butter and mayo...I know, I know....but I was a kid and it was good!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Guess we were rich!
Dad would buy a whole loaf or tube,of bologna,we fry with eggs in the morning,eat it cold with mayo on sandwiches ,and fry it again with potatoes for supper!
Then the can potted meat!!!If we were lucky!!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh yes...to this day, I can not look at a can of potted meat....

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

OHhhhh I ate the peanut butter too!!! LOL!!! That's ok Shari....my mom thought I was weird too....lol..eating that stuff. It doesn't even sound good now, so guess I outgrew it. You have heard of kids eating coal and strange things like that, haven't you? Maybe it was just something I was lacking in my diet? Who knows?
Don...my dad would fry bacon and eggs and cheerios! Oh my..was that good! I used to get up the wee hours in the morning with him, just so I could have fried cheerios!!! In bacon grease!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

ROFLMAO!!!!! Fried Cheerios!!!!! Wiping tears away....oh my!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey!! Don't knock it till you've tried it!!! They were delicious!! And probably artery clogging!!! LOL. I can still smell them!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

OMG!! Fried Cheerios!! And mustard and butter sandwiches!! Oh my....

Shari, my mom also had done mayo and peanut butter but refuses to admit it. lol

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL! Think about that....artery clogging cheerios! And they are advertised now to lower your cholesterol.....lol!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

LOL! Marcia...you really should check out the "Comfort Food" threads in the recipes forum...we did some major artery clogging in there!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Not joining in the fraying of taste buds!!!
But...rofl......

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh Shari, I did read that thread!! It was great!!
Oh come on Jaye....you can have some fried cheerios too!! LOL!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lord Marcy!! Fried cheerios??? And I thought my love for pork cracklings with some meat attached, was bad!!! (that was pre-surgery)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL...ok....no fried cheerios for you! I haven't had any either, since I was a kid...and that has been many moons ago! I try to behave myself now, and eat right.
I hope you all have a wonderful night. I am off to bed. Night all.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Please no cheerio frying in bacon fat dreams for you Marcy! Nite!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

well that does it!! I've heard it all now! fried cheerios!!!!
Had company all day now,so I'm heading to the shower!!!
Nite all

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I had just been lurking, but fried cheerios? LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LaUGH AS YOUR GRABBING THE FRYING PAN!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Mine are all dirty now! HA HA HA

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well guess you have to go to Sikeston Mo,and eat at Lamberts Cafe!!
I hear they throw dinner rolls clean across the cafe to customers!!!LOL

Fried Cheerios and flying food, yum yum!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Cathy, good if you can catch it!!! Lolol!!
Maybe that's the secret to a good diet. Only eat what you can catch in your mouth, thrown at a distance! Food-missile anyone?
Gonna hit WM for of course the obligatory after Xmas sales, in this freezing rain!

Good tip Jaye! We're thinking of joing the gym but maybe if we just ate our meals "on the fly" we'd lose weight and get in shape! And the neighbors thought we were weird before...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Snowing here again this morning,jaye your having freezing rain?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.