In bloom 12/5/2007 ???????

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

This is a tall Bearded Iris 'His Royal Highness' with 2 blooms and 3 more buds that will bloom shortly. Isn't this a little unusual for this time of year, even in northern California? We had 28 degrees the other night and I covered all my citrus as well as the B. I. and everything came through just fine.

Thumbnail by xuling
Santa Ynez, CA

I still look out and see bloom stalk after bloom stalk, and as I am tickled, but I cringe at being able to get them before the frost, I brought in a Her kingdom and it opened just gorgeous, I think our weather is making a little confusing for them, although your His Royal Highness is a re-bloomer, so maybe it is right on time:)

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Where you live it is even nicer weather than where I live (65 miles northof San Francisco). But the few rebloomers I have stopped their reblooming in September. Thanks, xuling

Santa Ynez, CA

we have pretty good weather, been warm to cool, during the day, some freezing off and on at night, so I think it has encouraged the iris to bloom, good and bad as it is great to see, but hard to get to the blooms before the frost and at the right time to cut so they will open in the house.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

well I think it would be better than watching the snow fly and scraping ice off the wind shield in the a.m.berrrrrrrrrrrr LOL you are so lucky (sigh)
Gloria from cold Michigan

Santa Ynez, CA

I feel for you, I wouldn't trade weather for nothing:) Someone told me the other day how cold it was here, I said this nothing compared to the poor folks back east. sending sunshine
Marie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

THANK YOU I will look for it in the morning when I go to work I think I'm sun deprived all ready and its only Dec. LOL
Gloria

Santa Ynez, CA

I cut this stalk the other day and brought it in Her Kingdom, just beautiful

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

try another shot

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

after reading up on Her kingdom, I am not so sure this IS her kingdom, does anyone have a picture of Her kingdom? thanks Makj

Denham Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

I found "Her Kingdom".

Carol

JOHNSON, 1994, 38, M, -, TB, S. Cool medium pink; F. Same, darker shoulders with some lavender tones, slight white flush; orange-red B.; ruffled

Thumbnail by Ladysaltfire

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.