January CLEARANCE garden/wildlife/flower ornament swap

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This is the early reminder to be looking out for CLEARANCE ornaments, based on garden/wildlife/flower. For those who joined my Round Robin Ornament Swap you will remember we each listed things we liked (snowmen, fairies, frogs, etc) and our secret person picked from the theme their receiver wanted.

This time, it's all about gardening and things that go with it - birdhouses, birds, frogs, dragonflies, etc. You will receive a random name so BUY YOUR ORNAMENT WHEN THEY GO ON CLEARANCE.

If you want to join this swap please sign up below. DO NOT LIST ANY OTHER INFO ABOUT YOUR LIKES or DISLIKES.

PAYING SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - U.S. ONLY

Items will be shipped AFTER January 15. I will dmail your trade person's name around January 5 - both of these dates are estimates. Many ornaments are 40% - 50% off now but there may be major bargains in another 2 weeks. 75% is wonderful.

DO NOT SPEND MORE THAN $10. You may be able to get 5 for $10 or one for $10 but that's the CLEARANCE limit. These must be a garden theme, not colored balls, not snowmen or Santas. You get the drift!

CLEARANCE KIDS !!!!

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Kathy

This message was edited Dec 6, 2007 9:20 AM

(Cathy), MO

Sign me up.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i will love to do this,some stores here are getting low on them,i hope i can find some will keep my eyes open for garden themes thxs

(Cathy), MO

I already ordered a couple online!!!! :-)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

sign me up please

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

me too!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm in...can't wait!!!! LOL What fun!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

cat64129
where are you ordering from plmk and thxs

(Cathy), MO

moretz you have dmail

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

me to, me too!

(Zone 1)

Sign me up!

Plantladylin

Pacifica, CA

sign me up to

liz

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Kathy, I'm in!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Great start for the swap. Clearance only - grab those bargains. Do you think $5 is okay as the limit?

Kathy

how about 8, if it's ok with everyone else.......could really do some exciting damage with a bigger budget

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

8 or even 10 is fine with me

Norfolk, VA

too late to sign up? if not, count me in!!!

Antioch, TN

cat64129, would you plese send me the same info you sent moretz on where to purchase items.
Thanks

Kathy, I am in!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Sign me up!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

There is no place to purchase them - it's all on your own - Kmart, Walmart, online or any where. Just look for any clearance on Christmas ornaments. We all get them from different places - I hope I wasn't misleading in my lead paragraphs.

LIMIT HAS BEEN INCREASED FROM $5 to $10 limits

Kathy

This message was edited Dec 5, 2007 10:37 AM

This message was edited Dec 6, 2007 9:19 AM

This message was edited Dec 6, 2007 9:21 AM

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I think this swap is ideal to be able to use these year around too. Sounds like they would be adorable dangling from a hanging basket etc.

Do ya"ll have Hobby Lobby or Garden Ridge in your areas?......sales are great there, or Tuesday Morning if they have anything left after the holidys

(Cathy), MO

Just a quick check in. Several online places ahve ornaments. Just do a search on Christmas ornaments and bunches of them show up. I would also check Target and Walmarts. I'm going by Hobby Lobby while I'm in town this morning!

I got this e-mail from a dear friend today, don't know if it's legal here on Dave's..if not I stand reprimanded....don't want to impose my beliefs on anyone, for I love you all, but I thought it was beautiful enough to want to share with my buddies.
Jackie

Dear Children,

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although, I do appreciate being remembered anytime.

How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own.. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that once in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15:1 - 8.

If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

3. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them

4. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.

5. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.

6 . Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families

7. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.

8. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.

9. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions (rather than your words) that you are one of mine.

Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest.

Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember:

I LOVE YOU,
JESUS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!

Norfolk, VA

jackieshar i loved that!! can i borrow it to send?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My aunt sent that sweet blessing to me also.

thanks for sharing with me.....feel free to pass it on

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I also received that one...it is very nice.

(Zone 1)

I have seen a version of this in the past and am so glad to see it again. Perfect time of year to share with family and friends.

Thank you Jackieshar for posting this!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Would love to join in, not so sure with the luck I've had in ornaments that I'll be accepted in this fine group...lol...

(Zone 1)

I just got an e-mail from the Kinsman Co. and they have ornaments on sale ... from $2.95 and up. I have never ordered from them so I can't give any feedback one way or the other.

http://www.kinsmangarden.com/departments.asp?dept=693

I know a lot of folks are pretty crafty .... the ones of you who have talent could go to Michaels, Joann's or any local craft store and probably find plastic, resin or wooden ornaments to decorate. I would think that craft and craft supply stores might have some garden theme ornaments - birds and other wildlife, birdhouses, pinecones etc.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Now Betty, you KNOW you are always welcomed, whereever I am! LOL You are so talented! I know anyone here would love some of your crafts!

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Count me in!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Count me in also! Rachel

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Do you still have room?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

We're taking as many as want to join. No cut offs on this one.

Kathy

NEW LIMIT IS $10

This message was edited Dec 6, 2007 9:20 AM

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Count me in!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I've started the list and everyone above is already on it. I hope we get lots to join.

Kathy

(Zone 1)

Kathy, I hate to back out but I need to ask to be removed from the list. I got an e-mail from the place I ordered today saying due to an unforseen number of orders they no longer have in stock the ornaments I ordered! I have looked everywhere locally for garden themed ornaments and have found nothing. Maybe next year I will have better luck and can join in if there is another swap like this next holiday season!

Hope everyone has fun and can't wait to see pic's of what everyone gets!

Lin

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Lin,
You realize the swap won't be until mid-January and the ornaments can be from WalMart or any craft store etc. You should go to the expense of ordering them. Won't you stick with us?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.