Is it wrong to ask?

War, WV(Zone 6b)

I am Cone crazy ! LOL Just got started and fell in love!

I do not have any growing but Eastern coneflower! Would love to trade or SASBE for Echinacea 'Twilight', Echinacea 'Summer Sky', Echinacea 'Sunset', Echinacea 'Fragrant Angel', Echinacea 'Sunrise', And Echinacea 'Mango Meadowbrite' ! Can anyone help a new coneflower addict ? LOL

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I could send you some stuff for a SASBE, but I don't do much with seeds until after New Year's. Send me dmail.

War, WV(Zone 6b)

Thanks BIGCITYAL! I've really fallen for the coneflowers! This new obsession with cones reminds me of how I almost wrecked my car the first time I saw Cleome! LOL

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

bigcityal, Please still remember me when you start packaging things up.
I'd definitely like some Heliniums.......... :^)
Man you've got a ton of great flower pics scattered all over DG!!!

Moonbaby -- It's definitely NOT wrong to ask for seeds...
I'm sure that you'll find lots of friendly people very willing to share.

The good thing about coneflowers is that they 'double your pleasure' because they are truly a butterfly magnet of all sorts of butterflies, moths, and loads of nectar loving bugs.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Will do, I saved all my helenium.

Thanks for the compliment - can't deny being a showoff.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Ya Big Show-off. :^)

Thumbnail by pford1854
War, WV(Zone 6b)

Well... Just Go Ahead And Make My Mouth Water!! LOL

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hay me too moon!!!!! want to barrow my slobber bib???? I'll wash it first though LOL
Gloria

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

WOW!!! pford that is a GORGEOUS pic! Makes me wish it were Spring.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Makes me wish for Summer. :^)

Although I HATE the heat, I do love the butterflies.

Thumbnail by pford1854
Athens, PA

I like summer and I like the heat! Can't wait for both!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Yeah but you're up there in PA. It gets REALLY hot down here in MS! But I still love it when all my flowers are blooming. With all the warm days we've had this winter, I my lavender yarrow is already blooming. What a happy treat it was to find it yesterday! And moonbaby--don't blame you for falling in love with those cones. I'm trying to collect several colors for my butterfly garden. Slow process--have to add one or two a year as I can afford but it's worth the wait! Gonna add some heleniums this year too (do the butterflies really love them as good as they say al?)

Athens, PA

NatureLover,

Very true - however I have been down that way and further south than MS for long periods of time and in the Summer months - I truly love it. What I really love is your growing season - it is so much longer than mine. Makes me glad I don't live further North - so I count my blessings

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah, sorry Carolyn but I'm sticking to my wish for Spring. I just want to get to planting and stop hauling plants in and out! The cones may not bloom til summer, but lots of other stuff does. If you like the heat, I'd like to send you some, especially if we get another 30+ days in a row over 100 like we did a few years ago. I'll take some of your snow in exchange. My kids flip out if we can get half an inch to stick, but that only happens once every few years.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL we posted at the same time. You're right about the growing season, though. Three months of having to worry about freezes is about all I can take, and as I was moving a ginger I planted in the wrong place yesterday, I was thinking how nice it is that my ground never freezes so I can do something like that.

I wish I had a cone pic to post here. I just moved from a home where I had nothing but shade, so I'm looking forward to growin in the sunshine here at the new place this year!

Athens, PA

Peeper,

You can have some of my pics.... I can't tell you how many times I go through my pictures that I took last Summer of different flowers. It's almost like it makes the Winter more bearable.

Last Summer I put in a Yellow coneflower - not sure if it is Sunrise or Harvest Moon - (it wasn't marked) and Sunset . Then, last Fall I put in Coconut Lime Coneflower. I can't wait to see them this year!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

You are sooo right Carolyn! I love our long growing season. I lived way up there in NJ for a short while and was so happy to get back home here in the deep south (I'm originally from Bossier City, LA). I can have three vegetable gardens a year if I want. And I've chosen to plant all perennials with staggered bloom times so I have flowers in bloom for months (usually early March through sometime in December). I already have a lavender yarrow in bloom! Can't wait for the rest to start showing up.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Carolyn22, what is the name of the beautiful pink coneflower you posted on Feb 2?

Athens, PA

Psychw2,

It's just a plain Magnus. At the base of my deck, I have a couple of Magnus and a couple of the White Swan that were planted about 3 -4 years ago. What surprised me this past Summer was that some of the Magnus in the back were almost as tall as I am . I had no idea they would get so tall! I am 5'7"!

Carolyn

WOW, I'll have to remember THAT one! beautiful! Thanks for the info ~ Pat

Athens, PA

Pat,

I sent you a D-Mail.

Carolyn

Thanks, hopefully you received my reply.

Centralia, IL(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone,
New member here, just wanted to post a pic of one of my favorites. Extremely hardy and healthy here in z6, even after being moved the year before last in 95 degree weather with a drought going on. If I mess up the pic, sorry. Here is my sunrise- mind you the fence behind it is 4ft.

Thumbnail by joyceanng

Welcome Joyceanng, your "sunrise" is beautiful. I hope THIS year I can get some good coneflowers established. ~ Pat

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

just thought i'd toss my one good butterfly/coneflower picture in here too...

amy

Thumbnail by amethystsm
Centralia, IL(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to let you all know that the co op on yahoo for Terra Nova has opened up again and they are taking orders for Tiki Torch, Coconut Lime and Purity again!! Better run if you guys want them this year.

Thanks for the comments on Sunrise, she is so beautiful and healthy, I'm so proud of her.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.