Rich Earth

Hampton Roads, VA(Zone 7b)

Has anyone used this product: http://www.richearth.net/?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Sure sounds interesting! I'm considering it..

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Nah, I make me own...........:)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

You are currently treating your soil with humus and humic acid if you are giving it good compost. As the compost continues to break downit becomes humus. The more humus you add each year the more there is to break down into humus and the better your soil becomes. Your soil will not careifit got it's humic acids, minerals and other ingredients from a desert mine or a local compost heap.

Basically they are selling you finely ground shale (rock) from a mine.

Hampton Roads, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the feedback. I purchased some after listening to a lecture on the virtues of the product. I love that it's not a manufactured chemical. But I got to thinking about how it is a natural resource, therefore finite...then I wasn't so certain I wanted to be buying it, especially if there were alternative natural ways to get the nutrients.

So once again, you compost experts have come to my rescue--y'all ROCK! (no pun intended) :)

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Ouch!

Dang.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Love the second reccommendation - didn't realize you had palaces in the US! thought you were a republican state (as in not a monarchy, not as in party politics). Things have changed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.