Got a brand new Monitor today........

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

......It is a 19" flat screen made by "Envision". Got it at "Comp USA". They advertised it. After all the rebates, it will cost me $159+tax. Original price was $219.

Also got a new Printer/Scanner (Epson CX7400) on sale for $70. Great deals! My Christmas gifts to myself. I have needed these for a long, long time! My Son-in-law came here today and installed everything.

After looking for YEARS on my old, dark, 17" Monitor I am "blinded" by all this brightness and size. Also--it is so BIG! So much space around everything!

However--you know there was going to be a "however"--When I now bring up pictures (like from the DG Photo Contest), they all seem kind of washed out. Seems a bright "haze" is covering everything.
My daughter even said so. They have had a flat screen Monitor for a while.

Even though everything was really dark on my old one, I liked the depth and the contrast better. Maybe I just need to adjust......:o(

My daughter fooled around with all the settings with the small buttons on the bottom of the Monitor. The print and text is fine (even if it soooo bright), but the pictures are just not right. Could this be a defect in the Monitor or is it just my imagination???

I guess my question here is------Can a brand new Monitor have a "haze" problem? Is this a serious issue? Is it just ME?

Any comments and advice would be welcome.

Thanks, Gita

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!