Extending your gas line

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I posted this in the furnace section but no bites. Our gas line comes to our house on the west side right next to the furnace/laundry room (gas clothes dryer). I want to bring the line across the house to the kitchen on the east side of our house. Our house in on a not too wide old city lot to make it clear it is not a real wide house. When the guy was hooking my dryer up, 3 yrs ago, he told me it would be $500-$1000 to bring it another 20 ft. over toward the west and 15 ft. north to the kitchen. Does that sound reasonable? He said it was the labor of bringing it thru the basement ceiling. Is bringing a line around the exterior of the house legal or do able? I need a new stove and really want gas but not at an extra $1000. thanks.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!