What's a Local Roundup?

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

And is anyone interested in trying to have a GA one next yea?

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

We do them about once or twice a year :) Love them :)

Susan

So I should just keep an eye out here to find out when the next one is?

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

yes... unless, someone usually steps up and organizes one. I'm overdue to host.. but can't commit right now! :)

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm thinking about hosting in the Spring, here in Douglas (south Ga.)

Anyone interested?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/789409/

There's one in Ashville, NC on May 4th!

I'd definitely be interested.

I can offer any help you may need.

BB

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Donna, could to "hear" from u again. Hope all is well?
Yes girl, I'd be interested in coming to Douglas. Have to work out something with homebase but that can be worked out. Have my daughter sleep over someplace in case DH is trvling. I would have to do an overnight, so maybe if there are more people we can get a super DG-discount at a local B&B????
I can take 1 person with me in the car, anyone coming from Atl. One only cause we need space for plants going AND coming back.

So is March feasable at all? Any time later we get into school vacation etc. and I would like to this time be ready with my yard (back yard this time) so whatever I come back with has a spot to go into ground immediately.
Ideas any body?
Coby

What exactly happens at a RU?

What's happens at a RU?

Well you get to meet other DGer's.
Trade Plants & Gardening stories
Maybe a Guest Speaker
And Eat some good food!

It's really a FUN time to get together with other DGer's and put a face with a name!

Well allright

BB

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, whatever happens. THIS time I'm going home with a bag of worm castings for sure!!! You have your worm guy coming again?
So when you Ga-ers talk about Spring what month is that?? For me Febr. can already be so warm it feels like spring :) LOL

I haven't seen any postings lately from Janet, Jim, Sterrhill or Girlgroupgirl are they ok? I have been gone for a while myself due to house related stuff and my parents visiting, so I don't know if all is well. Sure hope so.
Coby

Getting to one that is a good distance from here is harder for me. During gardening season I work about 7 days a week at 3 different jobs....

And I have all the time in the world to post right now. Can not work. Broke my freaking FOOT the other night at work, hauling the Christmas trees.
So far they can't put a cast on it because it is on top of the foot, not a bad break but there is some (probably temporary) nerve damage causing loads of swelling, so no cast yet. OUCH!

GGG

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

GGG, I'm so sorry to hear about your foot! Hope you get a cast soon so you can a least hobble around..... Take care.

GGG, I don't what timing is worst to have a broken or spraine foot during Christmas or the beginning of Spring, as it was for me. Sure hope you heal up fast. I was down for 4 months with the spraine ankle. Either way it's a bummper! You stay off your feet as much as possible.........yea right.....I know it's hard to keep a GOOD WOMEN down!!!!

How's your salvia's growing?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

GGG, I was saying before that I hadn't seen any or very little posts frm you. But now I understand: 3 jobs, sounds too much! Where exactly do you work, I know it must be a gardening job.
Take it easy with the foot so you can get a cast soon.

Be well and Take it easy Triple G

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

G, so sorry to hear that.. Hope all is well soon.. take care of your foot.. Yes, I thought about you too and wondered what you were up to. Maybe it's a way of saying take it easy and get off your feet?? :)

Susan

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I hate you broke your foot GGG, but if you had to break it, now is probably better than spring when all of your many gardens start to really keep you busy and mobile. Take care and stay off of it as much as possible.

I think it would be nice to do the Souther App. RU see all of ya'll. :o) that coming from a ex yankee. lol

r30

Hey all, you are so kind. I sprained my ankle and broke my food and Lord only knows how else I mangled the thing. They didn't know much at the emergency room, just to get an ortho. app't next week as emergency patient so they can figure out what to do with it.
This is a BAD time for me for the foot. I gotta shop for my entire family, and now just have stuff sent which they HATE as they like it wrapped and all personal ya know. And I can't be with them this year anyway as we were supposed to move back into the fixed up house in like 2 weeks...
At least I've learned that when we are able to do the last thing, the upstairs bathroom that things need to be moved around so if this happens again we can bathe more easily, lol.
I work at a nursery, I teach gardening classes and I write garden articles for another garden website (I include the two as one job), and also have a volunteer job at church which takes up a lot of time (more than the other two put together) - gardening! All gardening, you are right Tuliplady, lol. In the spring my goal is also to become a Monday farmhand at a local organic farm! How much I can learn from that. It's exciting. So many opportunities here.
It took us most of the day to do just three tasks today. I already had a nap and now need to get to sleep early because I'll be tired after church ya know, lol. And I was hoping to go to a concert tonight!

We threaten every year to get to a NC trade. We love it up there and try to go for a weekend a year (somewhere) and get in some gardening "adventures".

GGG

Count me in for a RU. I'll keep checking back with dates and such. I'm getting excited!
GGG, so sorry to hear about your foot. That is the worst possible place to break a bone. I did the same thing in '01, they wrapped it up, gave me crutches. No woman that I know can stay off her feet! lol I despise crutches. I'll never walk down steps holding a cat again!!! If I lived closer I'd come help you wrap presents :)

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.