Finally Finished

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

The construction is completed, and the electric company is coming to put in a meter and run the electric to it. We are using heavy duty extension cords right now for the heaters.

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Very nice job! :)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

DH added the concrete area ro the left as a place to put my wintersowing containers. The greenhouse is now too full! I am seriously considering asking DH to move the extremely large ferns to his "shop." I think they would be ok there. I may put some of the larger brug cuttings out there too.

This picture was taken before we cut the brugs down. Now both isles are crowded with buckets of brug cuttings! One of the ferns is the 1st plant under the "table" and the other is a little further behind it. those 2 plants take up about 1/3 of the space below the "table."

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

This is a 14 X 21 and it already is too small! Last year he built one that was 10X10... I knew I needed another by the time we started moving stuff in! Same story this year. I am hopeless...

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

hollering ME ME ME wants the brug cuttings! LOL
WOW, that is just amazing!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

So, time for a 3rd one then, right?! :)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, the 1st one is being converted into a potting shed. I already have a potting table in there, and DH has torn it down to the foundation, cause it was PVC pipe and plastic sheeting and the plastic deteriorated. He is goint to redo it all and it will have all my pots and potting soil...Depending on how it is made I may be able to put a few plants in there, but its primary use will be for potting... I really don't think I want to ask for another greenhouse! He worked so hard and did such a beautiful job. I don't want to seem too greedy! LOL Of course he LOVES to do stuff like this, so maybe he will think of it himself!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Now I never thought of having my own potting shed! There's an idea! My DH don't mind helping me with stuff like this either! He just hates it when I bring it up and go through all the planning stages, cause he knows he is gonna get pulled in to it! HA HA HA
I can build a lot of my own stuff, but the green house would have been a little much to do by myself.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! I can't build anything! Not even on the ground, much less on a ladder!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I don't much care for ladders either! This is for Him to do! LOL
I do use the chop saws, and all that, but he won't let me use the router or table saw! :)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL I would not be allowed near any kind of saw... I am not allowed to use certain knives in my own kitchen!!! Family is sure I will cut off at least a finger if not an arm or leg!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL! Then that means no knives or scissors in your new green house either! :)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Now, I do have scissors in there! and clippers. I just have to be careful. But I have ended up in the ER due to a freak accident with scissors. Cost me $75 trying to salvage a $1 hook off a purse I was throwing away!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OMG! I bet that was a mess!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Really not too bad... Just a little slice off the knuckle...

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

But still an owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwy!
Hey, are you interested in any winter sowing? distantkin is trying to get more info on here for it and Dave wants input from people to see what the interest is. If you are interested, please go here and let him know:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/793848/

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I did a little last year and plan to again... Went to the link. Looks like it is going to happen...

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, Robbi did a good job!
OMG, I am working on entering all my seeds into the forum and it is taking FOREVER! ARGGGGGGGGGGGG

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

What are you entering them into?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

the trade list, and I am just NOW starting on the letter G!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I have not even started one... so you are ahead of me!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

well, just be sure to know it will take a LOT of your time! And I'm a newbie! I just got through the letter I! I know I am not doing it right, but I can go back and fix it after people give me some helpful tips on how to do it correctly. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.