What is new in your lives the last few weeks?

(Zone 4a)

I haven't been around much myself since I have nothing left to garden anymore :( However I am busy with the kiddos, reconnecting with friends and getting ready for Christmas. I have my xmas cards done, the outside decorations up. Most of the gifts purchased.....this week I will wrap. When Kim gets home from his business trip next weekend we will decorate the inside of the house - I can't wait - I love this time of year!!!

So what about you folks?? What have you been up to?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Waiting for you!! Hee hee.

I started decorating the house today. I've switched to e-cards now. No more insanity of doing cards. Much easier, cheaper and way nicer!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Yeah, Dawn ...
Where have you been? We missed you!

It's been insane here, too, as well. Maybe I will get caught up enough to sit and post for an afternoon. One never knows. Stranger things have happened!!

(Zone 4a)

Well I figure no one misses me much - it isn't like I know much about plants so no one has questions for me on that LOL!!!!!

I don't think I stick out in a crowd! Although I am glad I don't LOL

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

HI Dawn!

I'm pretty much done outside now too. Starting to get ready for Christmas and bouxing day ;)

Dawn - haven't you noticed that we often talk about non-gardening stuff?!!

'Often', Victor? Yeah. You are right. 'Often' is the word ... is the word ... is the word.

A little understatement never hurts!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Dawn - you are missed because you are a friend, not because of what you know about plants. I know even less than you about plants but this is the place to learn!! I know life can get really hectic and it's hard to keep up with the threads. I have trouble also cause I can't spend very much time on the computer when I'm babysitting. Eleanor

Eleanor:

That's exactly why I love the early morning hours. The littlest ones will sleep until 8, and if I get up around 5, then I can read and post for a few hours. Besides, I really cherish the quiet of the pre-dawn hours. Don't you?

Candyce - Yes, I love the quiet in the early moning hours also. When Colin comes at 6:30 a.m. I try to get to the computer before he gets here. I also try to get the morning routine taken care of - dishes, bed made, showered and dressed. Since I can't take care of him for 6 weeks I've slipped a little - I'm still in my pj's and I've been up since 4:30!! But I've done a lot of things - I'm working on Christmas cards and I just finished making a calendar for DD#1. Eleanor

What an excellent way to spend the morning, Eleanor!

My DD#3 just came back home from the hospital on Sunday. This is the second time they have had to stop her labor. She's not due until January 9th.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Well, my SIL died last week - I just posted about it on the "Show us your holiday decor" thread, so I won't repeat it here.

It was nice eating Thanksgiving at a relative's house. But I had saved up enough "turkey points" at Star Market to get a free one, so I cooked that yesterday. Now psyching myself up for decorating!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Wow - you care-giving grammies make me feel like an early morning slug! LOL

Dawn - always nice to have you on board here........!! A lot of our regulars have an amazing amount of gardening knowledge, and they share it so willingly and with humility, so the rest of us don't feel a bit uncomfortable about asking questions and enjoying the learning and the comraderie that you find here. So, come often and ask away....just like the rest of us!

(Zone 4a)

Thanks folks!!! I know Victor - there is much more to these boards than just gardening. I just wish I had more to offer.

Good news here - I think Kim (my dh) has been stabalized on the meds for his bipolar disorder. Things seem to have been going ok for him the last few weeks. The mood is much better at home. I know this won't last but it is nice for now and hopefully we can get through the holidays having a nice time with the kids.

Dawn - I will be thinking about you, DH, and your family. Hope things continue to go well for you. Eleanor

Yes - best wishes and try to stay positive, Dawn. Maybe it will last.

(Zone 4a)

Thanks you grammy and Victor - it does mean a lot ot me. I can use all the positive thoughts I can get....

I will keep positive thoughts flowing your way, Dawn.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Dawn - I have a feeling that all the good thoughts we are all sending you and your DH will make a difference. I hope so.........it always amazes me how much power lies in the positive thoughts of friends. There have been times in my life that I couldn't have gotten through without it! Wishing you and your family the very best holidays!

Louise:

You are so right! There have been quite a few times that I have turned to my online friends for support. There's no much power in the number of people that will think positive thoughts!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.