Thom! Where are you?

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Has anyone heard from Thom lately?
Shall we organize a search party and travel to PA?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I'm in. Should we call first or just surprise him?

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i was just thinking about that the other day - i mean that we haven't heard from him.
Maybe he went away for the holiday?
We miss you Thom!

I think we should all drive down and surprise him. Wouldn't that be great???? I mean, it's gotta be warmer there than here!!

PS ~ I DID send him a D-Mail to which he has not yet replied.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Rent a bus and drop in on him to let him you're worried ;0)
I'd go, too, but I'm too far upstate. Give him my love!

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

I'm so sorry...I have been ghosting it lately, reading the forums, just not responding...so so so so so so so soooooooooooooo sorry. Everything is ok on this and, and yes, Paul and I are fine. We actually have a new furkid addition to the family, Ivy, she is a 1 y/o Abisinian Cat...I know I killed the spelling. Right around the change of holidays between turkey day, and chrismahanakwanzikah, I get a little bit nutty. Thank you all for your concern, and drop in at any time!!!
Um...I gonna ask, not sure here, or if I'll be making a thread of my own...but...
How the hell do I get rid of fungus flies/gnats? Beside the insecticidal sprays, Paul has horrible asthma.
....any ideas? I know my DG friends will help.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

pictures, please, of Ivy??

for the flies, you can use those yellow sticky things they sell (or just coat a piece of yellow cardboard with vaseline) and put them around in a few of your houseplants on a stick. I read that you can put a piece of cut potato on the surface of the soil for the grubs and when they come up to eat the potato you just throw it away. I tried and didn't see any, but maybe there weren't any in that pot. I have had a ton of those fungus gnats and I think they are what killed my mini roses last winter. the grubs eat the roots of your plants.

oh, I also read somewhere that putting a layer of coarse sand on the surface of the pots keeps them from layings eggs, I think

Norfolk, VA

this worked for me to get rid of the gnats......get some votive candle holders. pour apple cidar vinegar in them with a squirt of dish liquid. the gnats are attracted to the vinegar, but because of the dish liquid, they drown in the solution. i placed them around my plants. in about a week they were gone. hope this helps.

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

This is Ivy...

Thumbnail by Hemhostaholic
Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

And, not to be outdone, this is our newest picture of the always on, always energetic, I swear she has cocaine flowing through her system, and not blood, Iris...

Thumbnail by Hemhostaholic

So GOOD to hear from you!!

I love Iris and Ivy!!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Ivy is beautiful! She should join the Feline Friends of the YaYa Sisterhood in the Pets Forum. There is a dog house over there too, for dogs to chat - maybe they could help Iris with her little "sniffing" problem. Chrismahanakwanzikah - I love it!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice to hear from you Thom. Love the I & I shots.

Cat - you never heard that before? That's the all-inclusive, PC holiday term.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.