CANNA SEEDLING

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

This is my seedling I've been growing for one year. Just bloomed out a few days ago for the second time this year. If all works out on growing this canna, I plan to name my seedling "Pistol Pete", in honor of my Dad who is fighting lung cancer. "Pistol Pete" was his CB radio handle.

Thumbnail by cannagirl
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful canna, you should be very proud of that baby as I'm sure your dad is with you. I like the name too. It's really showy.

I'll put your father in my prayers.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Love the canna! And the name is perfect for it too. Your dad is in our prayers.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you both for the good comments about my seedling & prayers.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

Cannagirl... that seedling is amaxing! Just like you and your Dad!

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Teresa! Can't wait to share it sometime next year with special gardening friends :)

Your canna is beautiful!
You & your dad are in my prayers.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Christmascactus, I like your name....it's too cute! Thank you for your prayers. It means alot.

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Cannagirl,
You need to bring daddy a picture so he can see what it looks like... You know daddy will be proud.... Wish he could see the canna in bloom himself.......
Trishann

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Trish, my seedling is in full bloom. Bringing Dad a bouquet of flowers in the morning. Thanks!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

That is great!!! I know daddy will love that.... Wish I could see his face.... Take a picture with him holding his Pistol Pete Canna.... Wish they were in bloom when I was home for Thanksgiving...... That would have been awesome to see....

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

bump

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Very pretty flowers, is it a short variety or tall?

Kyle :-)

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Kyle, I've container grown Pistol Pete one yr. in my greenhouse, then grew in ground for another yr. So far this canna has stayed dwarf for me. I live on the border of zones 8 & 9. Several people are growing Pistol Pete for me in different zones and he has stayed dwarf in all climates/locations other than FL. where he grows up to 4 ft. tall. I have to add, the lady growing Pistol Pete in FL. has a greenthumb I envy.....everything grows out of this world beautiful for her.

Dollie

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Dollie, sounds like a great new variety then. :-)

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

I sure hope it's a winner Kyle. Seems to be doing well for me on ebay at the moment. Thanks for your comments.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.