1885 Agrippa New Haven Mantle Clock

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

I bought this clock at a yard sale for $5. The Gentleman that I care for works on clocks as hobby. He got it running for me. It was in pieces and was painted a gilded gold color. One of the front decorations was missing and part of the bottom. I traced the missing parts and found a friend who had some walnut and he cut out the missing parts for me. I had to order the pendullum because it was missing that too. I stripped the gold off the clock and the walnut was georgous underneath it. I put a satin sealer on it and it is now sitting on my mantle. On the back the label says it is an Agrippa New Haven clock. Looked it up in the New Haven clock book and it says it was made in 1885.

I am very pleased with my find. I have not been able to find out what it is worth yet. If anyone has any idea would like to know about it.I Get my camera installed

Will send a picture of it when

Sami

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!